Help

How would i make it to where buttons can open .exe and .au3 files, and make something typed in an input box affect a drop down, to were they can edit a file, and also if you right click a button it opens a little error window that once you click ok it turns on your screen saver?

Edited by IMakePigsFly

Moin, IchMachenPigsFly - Welcome to the forums, and I guess, to AutoIt. Some of us don't speak such good english - Verstehen Zie Deutch?

This will open the screensaver if one is setup to run:

; Probably works only on Windows 2000, XP, 2003+
$scr = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop", "SCRNSAVE.EXE")
Sleep(180)
If StringLen($scr) Then
    ShellExecute($scr)
EndIf

You should become familiar with at least the first half of the AutoIt Help file, like weaponx says. But if you did read it already, post the code you have written - post it here in this thread so we can help you where you got stuck and just couldn't figure something out.

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

Keep it up, IchMacheSchweineFliegen. And post some code on the forum when you really get stumped - but with a name like that, I could suppose you are a can-do kind of person who won't get stumped very often.

You can do a lot these days with AutoIt3. :D

Edited by Squirrely1

Thank you heres some code that i would like help with

Case $msg = $button[3]
            (0, "Click",$file = FileOpen("BrainPain.au3", 0))
        Case $msg = $button[5]
            (0, "Click",$file = FileOpen("MacroGamer.exe"))
        Case $msg = $button[6]
            (0, "Click",$file = FileOpen("itunes.exe", 0))
        Case $msg = $button[7]
            (0, "Click",$file = FileOpen("MouseMachine.exe", 0))
        Case $msg = $button[8]
            (0, "Click",$file = FileOpen("wall jump by iHack.au3", 0))

i have all of the files named in the same folder, and i would like to share this with others

Edited by IMakePigsFly

At this point I'm going to have to refer you to verse 6 in the Official Canon of Valik, listed in my signature at the bottom of this post.

Seriously though, either that, or - did you learn how to wrap all of your code in the code tags when posting your code? You select all of you code with your mouse, then click the "Wrap in code tags" button.

And do you want to share those files with other users of your computer or is your machine set up as an internet server or on a local network or what?

And do you want to share those files with other users of your computer or is your machine set up as an internet server or on a local network or what?

I am going to upload it on to rapidshare or someplace like that and share it with another forums and i could post all of my code

Then what you are saying is that you want to automate uploading your files? Or perhaps you want to synchronize versions of those files that are online somewhere?

There is a way to do this using AutoIt, but unless you are generating large numbers of wonderful scripts with infallible case structure, or you are trying to get mp3's to your friends, it probably wouldn't be worth trying to automate this work.

But there are other good projects you can build with AutoIt. I am building a screensaver that plays movies and animated gif files, and I once built a cookie timer. Also I am building a program which downloads current weather conditions and displays it. I stole the heart of the code from off this forum, but its all about the packaging of your program and the thoroughness of the testing of your applications that make it a good app.

Edited by Squirrely1