hiding the child gui thing

Tomb

hi. i am creating a rpg about my dog, called Toby's Quest. its taking alot of work, but i think it will be worth it once its done. for now, everything is going great. before it would flash when i moved, so i decided to make a child gui for each of the pictures of up, down, left right. this eventually worked out, i just now want to not show the tab thing. actually i don't know what to call it. in this picture it is surrouned in red lines made with good ol paint

Posted Image

i need to keep the child gui there, i just want the thing i surrounded in red to be hidden.

what happens is my application creates 2 of them, the one to the LEFT of the one i surrounded in red i want to keep, the one called Toby's Quest

Edited by Tomb616

hi. i am creating a rpg about my dog, called Toby's Quest. its taking alot of work, but i think it will be worth it once its done. for now, everything is going great. before it would flash when i moved, so i decided to make a child gui for each of the pictures of up, down, left right. this eventually worked out, i just now want to not show the tab thing. actually i don't know what to call it. in this picture it is surrouned in red lines made with good ol paint

Posted Image

i need to keep the child gui there, i just want the thing i surrounded in red to be hidden.

what happens is my application creates 2 of them, the one to the LEFT of the one i surrounded in red i want to keep, the one called Toby's Quest

It looks to me like you are not creating actuall child windows but instead are creating totally new windows that are not children of the first.

If that is the case then try Opt ("TrayIconHide", 0) in each of those windows.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It looks to me like you are not creating actuall child windows but instead are creating totally new windows that are not children of the first.

If that is the case then try Opt ("TrayIconHide", 0) in each of those windows.

well the tray icon isn't the problem, its the thing, i really can't think of what its called, i drew a red rectangle around it.

i tried putting Opt ("TrayIconHide", 0) right after the GUI creates, i think your right they are just new GUI's. the tab thing still appeared though.

well the tray icon isn't the problem, its the thing, i really can't think of what its called, i drew a red rectangle around it.

i tried putting Opt ("TrayIconHide", 0) right after the GUI creates, i think your right they are just new GUI's. the tab thing still appeared though.

I should have looked closer. That's the Taskbar that it's showing on. Is your Main GUI window behind the others ore did you hide it with GUISetState()? Is the main GUI window ever shown again? If not then you might be able to do it with GUIDelete() but I think the code should be re-written so it uses actual child windows.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I should have looked closer. That's the Taskbar that it's showing on. Is your Main GUI window behind the others ore did you hide it with GUISetState()? Is the main GUI window ever shown again? If not then you might be able to do it with GUIDelete() but I think the code should be re-written so it uses actual child windows.

its really 5 GUI's now that i think of it.

there is a GUI with the background, and 4 seperate GUI's for up down left and right. the up, down, left, and right GUI's are set to stay on top, and when i press a key as a hotkey i hide all GUI's except the background and the one shoing the correct image for which direction Toby is walking. my previous version of my game used everything built on one gui, but there were issues with transparency and flashing. i just have my code creating GUI's woth GuiCreate, each one does that. what would i write it as to create the seperate GUI's as child GUI's?

its really 5 GUI's now that i think of it.

there is a GUI with the background, and 4 seperate GUI's for up down left and right. the up, down, left, and right GUI's are set to stay on top, and when i press a key as a hotkey i hide all GUI's except the background and the one shoing the correct image for which direction Toby is walking. my previous version of my game used everything built on one gui, but there were issues with transparency and flashing. i just have my code creating GUI's woth GuiCreate, each one does that. what would i write it as to create the seperate GUI's as child GUI's?

Can you post just your GUI code? None of the functions are necessary.

George

Can you post just your GUI code? None of the functions are necessary.

yeah

here is my GUI creating code

$GUI = GUICreate("Toby's Quest TQ -By: ", 500, 500, -1, -1, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

$background = GUICtrlCreatePic("background.jpg", 1, 1, 0, 0)

$GUIU = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$pic1 = GuiCtrlCreatepic("tobyU.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0)

$GUID = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$pic2 = GuiCtrlCreatepic("tobyD.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0)

$GUIR = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$pic3 = GuiCtrlCreatepic("tobyR.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0)

$GUIL = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$pic4 = GuiCtrlCreatepic("tobyL.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0)
Edited by Tomb

I'm going into hibernate mode for a while here but I'll look at it asap. This shouldn't be too difficult. I just want to check those styles. BTW: what size are the images so I can replicate something?

George

Try This:

$GUI = GUICreate("Toby's Quest TQ -By: John", 500, 500, -1, -1, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

$GUIU = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

$GUID = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

$GUIR = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

$GUIL = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

Try This:

$GUI = GUICreate("Toby's Quest TQ -By: John", 500, 500, -1, -1, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

$GUIU = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

$GUID = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

$GUIR = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)

$GUIL = GuiCreate("", 114, 114, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_BORDER, $GUI_ONTOP), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE + $WS_EX_TOPMOST,$GUI)
that did it perfectly :)

thank you very much

Edited by Tomb