best way to trigger tray

sulfurious

Greets. I have probably a dozen threads open from searching. Before I either close them, or start ripping into code examples, maybe there is an easy way.

Basically, I have script.au3, which creates dynamic menu items based from an .ini file. Simple enough. However, I was wanting to create a hotkey that would pop open the tray menu, so that I don't have to use the mouse all the time. I guess very similar to the windows key, where navigation is a couple up arrows and an 'enter'.

Looking through the search results, there are numerous examples of using Pauls libraries or the systray udf. I can do that I guess. But is there no way natively to trigger this? Oh, I should state that I am using on event mode for this. TraySetState() I thought would provide this, but no.

I can post the code, but it is not specific to my code I would not think.

Any quick tips?

Thank you for any ideas.

Sul.

If I understand you correctly, I always use:

1 - Ctrl+Esc (opens start menu, also draws up the taskbar if it's hidden),

2 - then press Esc (closes start menu again but leaves focus on start button!)

3 - then press TAB (focus goes to first quicklaunch button but doesn't activate it)

4 - then press TAB again (focus goes to first opened application but doesn't activate it)

5 - press TAB yet again (focus goes to first systray icon, puts a small dashed sqare around it)

Then it leaves me to press Enter or the context menu button or whatever.

So that would be

Send("^{ESC}{ESC}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}")
Exit

(Modify the TABs to comply with your taskbar layout.)

It is totally quick&dirty and needs to be adapted for your own taskbar but it's the only thing I could think of :D If I understood your problem correctly, that is :P

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

It is too bad I did not post only one, but I know more traffic is in the general help thread, and this applies both to gui and non gui scripts.

Anyway, I have replied in the other thread. I have just made a script with tray items, no gui, it did not work, either in script or compiled. I also tried it by making a tray item create a small gui with a button, and the button performs this function, but it does not display or 'pop up' the tray menu.

Did you have this working?

Thank you,

Sul.