File copy issue

Gremlin

This is my first entry into the forum, so go easy if i've made a basic mistake. I'm trying to copy files from a cd to a directory on a client. I'm using 'FileCopy' to do this but it only seems to copy one of the files instead of the multiple files which are in the source directory, heres the section i'm having the issue with.

SplashTextOn ( "Apps Move", "Copying Application Forms. Please wait, this may take some time")

FileCopy ("D:\forms\apps\*.*", "c:\trigold\apps\",1)

FileSetAttrib("C:\trigold\apps", "-R")

The c:\trigold\apps directory already exists on the client. Apologies in advance if this is just a newbie mistake, i've checked it in the help file and it seems okay?

Any ideas?

• Developers

Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FileCopy() has the limitation that when it encounters an error the copy process will stop. Could it be that a file to be copied already exists in the target directory and is in use or read-only ? Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

FileCopy() has the limitation that when it encounters an error the copy process will stop. Could it be that a file to be copied already exists in the target directory and is in use or read-only ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quality. I've just deleted the contents from the target folder and it worked fine. Most lilkely a 'in use' issue. Will have to do some investigating.

Thanks Muchly

Gremlin