Fox Not Clicking

Lewc

Hello all.

I understand that certain functions don't work with Firefox. That's fine. I'm having trouble, though, using MouseClick/Drag, MouseMove, and the like in Fox, though.

Here's the pertinent sample from my script. I start in an explorer window just to make sure it works. The drag drags the right-side scrollbar down to reposition the content I want to the centre of the screen.

;MoveDown

Func MoveDown()

MouseClickDrag("primary", 1270, 135, 1270, 166, 11); Scrolls down the explorer window at speed 11

WinActivate ("(Firefox window title here)"); Activates Firefox window just fine.

MouseClickDrag("primary", 1270, 135, 1270, 166, 11); Does nothing.

EndFunc

I know the MouseClickDrag is fine because it scrolls Explorer. Why does it do nothing in FF?

P.S. I'm using Vista on my laptop if it's of any importance.

Edited by Lewc

I've done some testing with IE. It turns out that IE will MouseClickD. Why is this being such a pain in Fox? I read through some other topics that suggest that Fox will allow MouseClicks for sure. It's Fox 2.0.0.11.

Vista is lame, and I do not believe that some things in autoit work with it. But I'm sure mouseclick/drag does. But I just have one question, Why are you not using IE?

I just prefer Fox and this is going to be somewhat of a time investment. I'd be willing to use IE for this project, but in the future, Fox would be more convenient. Plus, IE is ugly. Is it a security problem with Fox?

I just prefer Fox and this is going to be somewhat of a time investment. I'd be willing to use IE for this project, but in the future, Fox would be more convenient. Plus, IE is ugly. Is it a security problem with Fox?

It is more of a reliability thing. Using mouseclicks and stuff like that is not reliable AT ALL. Plus on vista you will have a hard time using IE.au3 to automate stuff. So I'd recommend going down to XP.

It is more of a reliability thing. Using mouseclicks and stuff like that is not reliable AT ALL. Plus on vista you will have a hard time using IE.au3 to automate stuff. So I'd recommend going down to XP.

Alright. Thanks for the recommendations.