Proper Gui Management

ame1011

Hey there, I've made countless programs over the years using autoit and I've always created all my gui windows at startup and just hidden the ones that I don't require. I would then unhide those windows / hide any windows as needed. This worked for me perfectly as I have never had more than 2/3 GUI windows in one program.

I am just about to start a very big project and I was wondering what the 'proper' way of managing your gui windows would be. Should I created the windows when needed and destroy them when I'm done? Continue what I'm currently doing?

Thanks in advance

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

One way to proceed that helps you application to use less memory, is to write separate scripts for each GUI and have them running only when needed. Also, there is a way in AutoIt, to launch .exe's using parameters, and for the other scripts to receive those parameters using $CmdLine[] you know; this way, your multiple scripts act as one.

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

I am already going to have 2 seperate scripts that may need to interact from time to time. However, my question is more geared for one of these scripts. Within the scripts themselves, how do I manage 10 or so GUI WIndows?

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]