Timed shutdown/logoff/reboot/hibernate

SlimShady

With this utility you can shutdown/logoff/reboot/hibernate your computer in 24 hours.

You can tell it how many seconds in advance or give it the time (24-hours style).

Syntax is:

Shutdown.exe /Exec /Config /Opt=Shutdown /Time=15

1. All the parameters are optional.

2. If you passed both the parameters /Config and /Exec, the config window will show.

3. If you don't specify any parameters, the config window is shown.

4. The /Opt parameter can have any of the following (case insensitive): shutdown/logoff/reboot/hibernate

5. The /Time parameter can have: the time in seconds before performing the action or the time with colon (24-hours style)

NOTE: You don't have to use leading zeroos.

6. If you only specify /Exec, the time and option is read from the ini file.

If no settings have been specified, the utility will shutdown the computer in 15 seconds.

7. I can guarantee that the Cancel button works :)

Examples:

1. Shutdown.exe

2. Shutdown.exe /Exec

3. Shutdown.exe /Config

4. Shutdown.exe /Exec /Opt=Reboot

5. Shutdown.exe /Exec /Opt=Shutdown

6. Shutdown.exe /Exec /Time=15

7. Shutdown.exe /Exec /Time=12:15

8. Shutdown.exe /Exec /Opt=Shutdown /Time=15

9. Shutdown.exe /Exec /Opt=Reboot /Time=12:15

Screenshot:

Download:

Shutdown.zip

Edited by SlimShady

This looks good. I think someone posted a utility they'd written (BSUM or something like that it was called), that would shutdown the PC at a specific time. I'd like to see this too, because I'm wanting to code a util that will allow you to specify a shutdown time and pop up a countdown say a minute before to warn you.

This looks good. I think someone posted a utility they'd written (BSUM or something like that it was called), that would shutdown the PC at a specific time. I'd like to see this too, because I'm wanting to code a util that will allow you to specify a shutdown time and pop up a countdown say a minute before to warn you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Y'know that's a great idea.

I will try to make it tomorrow.

Chris_1013,

That task is already done at BSMU(BSMultipurposeUtility)....just like what you write below....try it...

If the shutdown countdown pop up show and you don't want to shutdown, just click WIN+ALT+c then disable shutdown....your computer will not shutdown...:)

I'll add some feature at BSMU...not only shutdown, but also suspend, hibernate, force shutdown, lock computer etc. (I have some great idea [IMHO :) ] that will implement in BSMU)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest keller999

Here's an AutoShutdown script I wrote for a school district. Parameters are ::

AutoShutdown.exe <Time to cancel shutdown> <Time after cancel to ask again>

This is designed to be run by a scheduler, such as Windows Task Scheduler or Novell policies.

Good luck!

AutoShutdown_Final___10_28_04.au3

Edited by keller999