Console Help

I'm going to take BIG offense at that.

I asked for COMMUNICATION not passing data. Those ideas are criminally inefficient, don't accomplish the task without massive amounts of scripting, aren't flexible, or plug-n-play. Spotlight is about plug and play. Using Inis - Files - etc are not. Dick - offense meant.

not sure how you define communication, but i think most would agree that 'passing data' would qualify, and as i said in your original post you didn't say too much about what you were or weren't looking for, or what you had tried except for a concept that you couldn't understand and provided no code regarding an attempt. The point is you asked for help, he was trying to offer it, and you insulted someone trying to offer it because you weren't clear enough in your request for someone else to do your work for you. speaking of you being an a-hole, how'd that autoits project ever work out? how many besides myself walked away from the project because they didn't think the project was worth putting up with you?

***edit***

modified profanity, sorry guys it slipped.

Edited by cameronsdad

not sure how you define communication, but i think most would agree that 'passing data' would qualify, and as i said in your original post you didn't say too much about what you were or weren't looking for, or what you had tried except for a concept that you couldn't understand and provided no code regarding an attempt. The point is you asked for help, he was trying to offer it, and you insulted someone trying to offer it because you weren't clear enough in your request for someone else to do your work for you. speaking of you being an asshole, how'd that autoits project ever work out? how many besides myself walked away from the project because they didn't think the project was worth putting up with you?

You. Cool it.

You. Cool it.

A) I was speaking up regarding his being rude to someone trying to help him, which i think reflects poorly on the spirit of the forum and sets a bad example.

:P This exchange was as much his bad as mine, so I hope that was a collective 'You.'

C) As far as I was concerned this was already done prior to your reply.

D) You're entirely too young to think you're my dad, and should probably finish your homework before you get on the computer so you don't get in trouble. :D

A) I was speaking up regarding his being rude to someone trying to help him, which i think reflects poorly on the spirit of the forum and sets a bad example.

:P This exchange was as much his bad as mine, so I hope that was a collective 'You.'

C) As far as I was concerned this was already done prior to your reply.

D) You're entirely too young to think you're my dad, and should probably finish your homework before you get on the computer so you don't get in trouble. :D

The project fell apart because of lack of work you idiot.

I didn't get rude until he spouted that dumbass post about whatever theory he was talking about - in any case he apologized.

Now screw off. End of subject. Quit posting. You shouldn't have even gotten involved.

As Valik said - I'm not going to argue with an idiot because onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

Edited by AutoIt Smith

The project fell apart because of lack of work you idiot.

I didn't get rude until he spouted that dumbass post about whatever theory he was talking about - in any case he apologized.

Now screw off.

You're just all about insulting people's intelligence huh? I asked if anyone else had quit the project for the same reason that I had, I didn't mean to imply that i knew it to be true already;though I do :D . Regardless of his apology, I am of the opinion that you owed him one for your response to his help, but again it's irrelevant because you do in fact have the right to be an ass. You got rude because you didn't like the help that he was offering -when you'd asked for help mind you, and so you did that to shut him up so someone else would do the work for you. It's as laughable as any of these other kids that get grumpy on here when they don't like the answers they're given and i'll not pretend i think you're better than any of them. This thread can be closed, i think it's degraded about as far as it's going to go, one more tip for you though, if you're going to post a quote in your reply it makes a little more sense if you actually quote the one you're responding to, or at least one that has some relevance to the things you intend to say. But that's just my $.02

I asked for COMMUNICATION not passing data. Those ideas are criminally inefficient, don't accomplish the task without massive amounts of scripting, aren't flexible, or plug-n-play. Spotlight is about plug and play. Using Inis - Files - etc are not. Dick - offense meant.

AutoIt Smith -

If you really are a teenager and there is something going on in your family or at your school such that it is catharsis for you to vent here on the forums, most of us here at the forums would rather that you go ahead and vent here than that you take to stealing hubcaps, joining a gang, or using a gun to shoot people in hallways of your school.

If instead, you are really a dirty old fart like me that you would need to hear from someone having more experience, please tell us the difference between scripts communicating to each other and scripts passing data to each other.

I haven't tested his method at all, but Chip could not be very experienced because he is only about 15 years old I think, but despite this, if his Comm scripts work, this thread was not without its use because we both learned of yet another way, and of what may be a faster and more reliable way, for scripts to communicate with each other.

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

AutoIt Smith -

If you really are a teenager and there is something going on in your family or at your school such that it is catharsis for you to vent here on the forums, most of us here at the forums would rather that you go ahead and vent here than that you take to stealing hubcaps, joining a gang, or using a gun to shoot people in hallways of your school.

If instead, you are really a dirty old fart like me that you would need to hear from someone having more experience, please tell us the difference between scripts communicating to each other and scripts passing data to each other.

I haven't tested his method at all, but Chip could not be very experienced because he is only about 15 years old I think, but despite this, if his Comm scripts work, this thread was not without its use because we both learned of yet another way, and of what may be a faster and more reliable way, for scripts to communicate with each other.

I am 17. My problems at home are fixed. Live with the opposite parent and I feel like living. I'm not venting. Simply telling it how it is.

Using any file based method would :

A) Require pre-built structures because it's a com string as opposed to multiple values

:) Uses .2 or more seconds to write / read making it inefficient for an automation structure.

C) Ini's specifically would require prearranged variable names - what happens if they delete the ini?!? - phail.

D) Same for files except then you'd have to make the structure yourself.

E) Be more work then it's worth.

Communication :

Communication is a process that allows organisms to exchange information by several methods. Exchange requires feedback. The word communication is also used in the context where little or no feedback is expected such as broadcasting, or where the feedback may be delayed as the sender or receiver use different methods, technologies, timing and means for feedback.

Broadcasting and easy exchange is what I am talking about.

Pass data is simply passing one line hoping that the other script read it or didn't corrupt it or the user didn't do something. It's just a faulty method.

Now - can we please close this damn topic. I was being completely honest when I said the other methods (besides stdin/out) were stupid.

Thank you,

~Smith