entering text to a hidden window

t0ddie

well, i have a script that i wrote which clicks fields in a webpage, and enters info.

i would rather use something other than the send command to do this since i want it to run without any flaws, such as if the user is entering input at the time my script is also entering input.. also clicking isnt very accurate always.

and i would like to make the window hidden.

i know that you cant send keys to a hidden window very easily, is there a way to modify a html file so that instead of visiting the site, you can just execute the html file and the forms are prefilled to your own template?

i looked at some source code on some webpages, but im not sure what to do.

i want to know if this is possible, because i have seen visual basics applications that fill out things on webpages for you.

thanks

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

hi mate!

I've only just started messing around with cgi scripts. I used php to get the information posted by users on a site and used autoit to process the incoming info. It actually works pretty nicely.

You could download a chm help file for php. There you'll find a few options for dynamic forms, including the possibility of pre established variables for the input fields.

Next you should report those field name and contents either to a txt file, or if your server allows it to a database, you could store variable names and values, don't forget to index the inputs.

Afterwards you should tell your cgi script to post it and send you a copy of the txt file which you can retreive from your default mail programme.

At this point use autoit to do what you want with the txt file.

hope this helps.

ivan

not exactly.

obviously i dont have access to googles servers

but is there a way to instead of going to www.google.com, save the source code at that site, into an .html file and then modify it so that the field has something in it already,

then just running the .html file, it brings up www.google.com BUT has something in the field already instead of being blank,

i would like to be able to send it to the google servers as well without having to click or send enter, because those can both mess things up.

i dont know what i should use to do this, is visual basics the way to go here?

pretty much i have a series of diferent pages that i need to enter info into. and you get to each one by filling them out then clicking next, or sending enter.

so even if i had a template for the first one, it would bring me to the next page (the real page) on their server when i click enter right?

i want to basically automate filling out fields and clicking next on a website and i want the page to be hidden, and i dont want the users input (if they are doing something seperate on the computer) to throw the script off.

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Unless you know some HTML or another web language what you are doing is futile. You cant use AutoIt to automate a webpage, unless it writes the HTML out itself, because browsers dont name the controls on a page so you can use any of the Control*() functions which are the only ones that will allow you to do what you are wanting to hidden.

Also check the scripts and scraps section there is a google research thing. Maybe you could modify and use it.

It is here.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

no no no, im using google as an example.....

nobody understands??????????????

ok, lets say i want to open ANY page. in this example we will use google.com

now when you open google.com what do you see?

you see a BLANK field for inputting text

i want to see the EXACT same page but i want the field to be PRE-FILLED so all i have to do is click enter. is there a method of doing this.....

OR

is there another method or language i can use to fill out fields on webpages so that i dont have to use the send command.

i want to do something like this....

open google.com

hide google.com

send happy happy joy joy

send {enter}

but obviously you cant do that while the window is hidden. also sending enter would only work while the window has focus. same as clicking.

i have seen a program written in visual basic that would go to a website, and all you would have to do is manually enter one sensitive piece of information yourself, the rest was already done. the program did not show you as it filled these out, all of a sudden a window just opened, and you just had one field to fill out in a multi field webpage where everything else was already filled out.

does anyone have ANY IDEA of what im talking about??????????????????????

Edited by t0ddie

right, control send... that works but you can STILL see a flash on the screen, and it works only for hotkeys. it will not "click" on the field so that the cursor is blinking on it, ready to type text. it will send to the window, not the field itself.

does anyone know visual basic because thats the language the program was written in that i have seen this done

t0ddie... if you knew HTML you could do this. You will have to learn that or some web programming language such as PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, HTML, or another one.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

i knew autoit wouldnt be able to do this, i was hoping someone knew vb.

and you are still not getting the point.

this is not MY webpage, and im not able to recode the html.

i have seen, purely and simply a program written in visual basics that does what i want

its a yahoo account making program

it opens up this page but you can not see it, its totally invisible

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_register...=&promo=&.last=

then the program fills all that stuff out for you, without you seeing it, (the page doesnt even show)

then at the end, the program brings up in a small window

with only the bottom of the page

where it says

"Verify Your Registration"

all you see in the vb form, is that verification picture. and you enter the jumbled picture in text into the program, and thats the only part of the page you see.

this is VISUAL BASICS not some web language...

autoit does the same thing i want to do, but with the difference that the window is shown instead of being invisible. and it uses keystrokes, and i dont think the vb program does that, it fills them out some other way.

so, maybe you understand now what i am trying to do.

im not trying to make mass yahoo accounts, but this is just an example of what im talking about. the program that i used before makes mass yahoo accounts and it fills out the registration form online so you dont have to. and it does it hidden, so you dont even see it in action

it can be done with visual basics, what im trying to do.

are you getting me now?

VBScript is probably the language used. Javascript that this-is-me suggested, is a slight alteration of VBScript with web enhancement. Almost basically the same, when you compare the 2.

this is VISUAL BASICS not some web language...

If you mean VBScript, this statement is untrue? As VBScript is used in web use at times. Just JScript is more suitable.

This is not a VBScript support forum. So help maybe limited. :)