Capturing error boxes generated by a flex application

Hi,

I'm looking into automating some checks of an application which was built with flex and runs in a browser window.

AutoIT looks as the right tool for the job except one thing - I don't seem to be able to get an id of the error messages that being generated by this application, the id that I get is the browser's id, which makes sense.

I'm not a flex programmer and obviously not an AutoIT expert.

My task should be quite simple, I wan't to click all the tabs and options of the application and capture the error messages if there are any...

Being desperate enough, I thought about waiting to the certain hexadecimal string to appear, being the color of the error message box, but that's just stupid...

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm looking into automating some checks of an application which was built with flex and runs in a browser window.

AutoIT looks as the right tool for the job except one thing - I don't seem to be able to get an id of the error messages that being generated by this application, the id that I get is the browser's id, which makes sense.

I'm not a flex programmer and obviously not an AutoIT expert.

My task should be quite simple, I wan't to click all the tabs and options of the application and capture the error messages if there are any...

Being desperate enough, I thought about waiting to the certain hexadecimal string to appear, being the color of the error message box, but that's just stupid...

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Look in the help file at all the _IE* functions. Try some of the example scripts there to get a handle on using the DOM objects in IE.

It's not magic though. If the display in the browser is generated somewhere else (Flash, Java, etc.), you still might not be able to read it.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Look in the help file at all the _IE* functions. Try some of the example scripts there to get a handle on using the DOM objects in IE.

It's not magic though. If the display in the browser is generated somewhere else (Flash, Java, etc.), you still might not be able to read it.

:D

Thank you for your reply, I'll look into it.