Help a Newby ?

I am trying to install a program from inside the autoit script. The program and the msi installer are all located on a networked shared driver. I can't figure out how to actually call the MSI. Is this something that is possible?

Unfortanetly, this is the first script that I have tried to create, and I have gone through some of the tutorials, however none of them relate to calling an MSI from a network location, or local location for that matter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Paulie, the ShellExecute works, now the second part of the post. How do I make autoit, click on the correct prompts for the install to be unattended.

I know that it has something to do with the windows that pop up, however, as I stated before, I am a complete Newby and can not find anything on how to program this.

Here is a pretty good walkthrough of automating a basic installer with autoit.

Some other functions to look at:

MouseClick()

ControlClick()

Unfortunately, I can't demonstrate their applications without an actual copy of the installer. You'll have to mess around with them :D

Welcome to the forums! and Good Luck!

Edited by Paulie

i am runnning windows vista and with the winactivate command, the folder that i am running the script out of always stays active. I am trying to do the notepad tutorial, and notepad never becomes active. is it something with vista ?

disregard this post, was using winwait instead of winactivate

Edited by ckarnuth