ProcessList Changes

Jon

• Administrators

ProcessList is only an unstable function IIRC. So I think I'm going to change it to remove the differents "modes" (return pids, or names, or a string of pid|name). I think I'll do the same as I did with WinList so that it returns a 2d array of PIDs and Names. Then I'll make it so that if you give a process name (notepad.exe or something) then instead of giving you a list of all processes it just gives you a list of processes that match that process name.

I'm also adding WinGetProcess that will get the PID of a given window.

I suppose the only missing function then would be a PID->process name type thing. (Of course you could get this by looping through the ProcessList() return)

I think you have a good idea there, but could you also look into adding support for getting the pid's owning user on nt/2k/xp?

It wouldn't be too much if it were a separate function as well. Something like ProcessGetOwner( processname or pid )

I think the relevant api calls can be found here:

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.p...891&mode=linear

Who else would I be?

Is anyone else interested in some more general Process information? Specifically, I'd like some way to measure CPU and memory usage on a per-process basis. I'm using AutoIt as an automated testing platform, and I'd love to monitor CPU/memory (as well as network) usage throughout my tests.

Would it excite anyone else if I added this feature? Is anyone already working on this?

-david

• 7 months later...

Is anyone else interested in some more general Process information?  Specifically, I'd like some way to measure CPU and memory usage on a per-process basis.  I'm using AutoIt as an automated testing platform, and I'd love to monitor CPU/memory (as well as network) usage throughout my tests.

Would it excite anyone else if I added this feature?  Is anyone already working on this?

-david

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I can't figure out how to wait until a process has been idle for say 10 seconds before continuing my script :)

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

I've always wanted to get CPU... When DllStruct funcs came out it was possible, but the DllCall didn't return the right results all the time :evil: To get the CPU for the system, call "GetSystemTimes" and make sure you have that extra s at the end, because there is GetSystemTime and GetSystemTimes, the one you would be looking for is GetSystemTimes... You need to use DllStruct and DllCall... But I don't know how to get it for a specific process, I'd like to see it built in AutoIt since we have MemGetStats... :)

FootbaG