Checking CD-Key with PIDGEN.DLL

I mentioned a project in a previous post which is a simular application to nLite, creatating a unattended windows xp setup.

where I am now I need to check the CD-Key to verify that it will work, I've done some research and found that Pidgen.dll is the file which checks the cd-key (I don't believe it is the file that activates windows simply checks the key during setup) I was wondering if anyone could help me find the dll call to check the cd-key outside of setup.

I've looked around and haven't found to much as far as checking the key, I've found people that have managed to open the file but I won't say what they found on this forum

any help would be great

- Acid

I have some C++ code but don't understand it enough I was hoping somebody would help me convert it to AutoIt

Load DLL:

typedef int (*PIDGenAProc)(LPCSTR,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int); 

pPIDGenAproc pPIDGenA;

hModule = LoadLibrary("PIDGEN.DLL");
 if (hModule != 0) 
 {
     // Load Failed. use GetLastError() to find out why.
 }
 else
 {
     pPIDGenA = (PIDGenAProc) GetProcAddress(hinstLib, TEXT("PIDGenA")); 
 }

Which if i understand right DllCall takes care of all that (pleae correct me if I'm wrong)

To call the function:

if (pPIDGenA != (PIDGenaProc)(NULL))
     (pPIDGenA)("hello",0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12);

DllCall?

Functions:

int __stdcall PIDGenA(LPCSTR,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
 int __stdcall PIDGenW(LPCWSTR,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
 int __stdcall PIDGenSimpA(LPCSTR lpString,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
 int __stdcall PIDGenSimpW(LPCWSTR lpWideCharStr,int,int,int,int,int,int,int,int)
 int __stdcall SetupPIDGenA(LPCSTR lpString,int,int,int,int,int,int)
 int __stdcall SetupPIDGenW(LPCWSTR lpWideCharStr,int,int,int,int,int,int)
 int __stdcall VerifyPIDSequenceW(int,int,wchar_t *Str1)

No idea what to do with these

• 3 months later...

I know this is a really old trend, my computer crashed and I just got a new one so it's time to start this project up, I looked at DllOpen, Call, and struction but I still have no idea how to use the C++ code as an auto it code, I really don't understand C++ at all. I was hoping someone could give me a little more guidence.