AutoWeb

keen

Ok guys i have a cool idea.

Think of AutoWeb like the internet. It would have a central server that all of the clients could connect to. You would just type in a file name like autoit.aw and it would take you to autoits website. Any user could create an account on the server and make their own "websites". It could have a domain system so users could register domains (.aw extention).

This could be useful for autoit developers to post their work and to put up websites.

Any thoughts?

[center]Kesne's Bar & Grill[/center]

It could be useful.

There are many problems with the current internet. This of this as a clean start.

Predictable as it may be, the setup is too perfect. The major problem with the current internet is that it allows people with stupid ideas onto it. There's no "does user have working brain" test to get internet access.

Not that I'm referring to the OP or anything (I am).

Predictable as it may be, the setup is too perfect. The major problem with the current internet is that it allows people with stupid ideas onto it. There's no "does user have working brain" test to get internet access.

Not that I'm referring to the OP or anything (I am).

Forums in general tend to build a strong case for mandatory training and licensing of Internet users. Scripting forums build a better case than most.

Do you know where I can download a copy of the old Internet for backup in case it disappears?

BTW Valik. Another new policy. I just cut off requests for help in PMs. I don't mind a few from people I know but right now I'm not in the mood to study Arabic. Especially when the help request includes things like how to block messages from normally helpful people.

Your attitude looks better and better by the day. Mind you, I've always liked it anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

So you want to... create... a new internet?!?!?!

Yes and no. Yes in the sense of how people think it works, no in the inner workings. It would be network to bring together developers from autoit, and many other places.

[center]Kesne's Bar & Grill[/center]

Please stop talking.

Did you plan on adding "while you are still behind." ? :) Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

If you want to have a "private internet" then make it. Technically, it would be emulating a semi-internet, over the internet.

Simply setup a central server that would resolve these "domain names" to their IP address. That IP address would be running an "AutoWeb server" which the client can connect to, and so on.

It would be an interesting and fun project to work on, but I personally find it pointless when there are many other ways for AutoIt developers to publish their work. Actually, I find it pointless in any case.

Edited by cppman