how to?

OiNK

i was curious because im new at autoit, how do i have a picture and on the picture add a button and a blank spot to insert text or a few numbers. and on the left of it a subject?

RTFM

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

where, in the help file, one could find this information?

Help topics under Function Reference > GUI Reference

Also if you haven't noticed, it has built in search functionality.

As for bad welcome, well, he got unlucky to be in wrong place at the wrong time, asking dum questions :) There's a whole lot of annoying evil noobs here, and some get away with it, but time after time someone of the more experienced posters gets fed up and lashes out at first sight (not necessarily on the most deserving)... every newbie has to understand that, learn from mistakes and play along. And most importantly, read. The documentation is fantastic. Not using it is an insult to those who made the effort of putting it together.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

I meant it would have been helpful to point out the location in the help file, to the original poster. With all honesty, a new user isn't exactly going to know to look through all the text in the GUICtrlCreatePic function reference. Edited by chris95219

I meant it would have been helpful to point out the location in the help file, to the original poster. With all honesty, a new user isn't exactly going to know to look through all the text in the GUICtrlCreatePic function reference.

thanks, i think. even tho i searched in help and the only reason i came here is because i cudnt find, that was a very welcoming reply.............

As for bad welcome, well, he got unlucky to be in wrong place at the wrong time, asking dum questions :) There's a whole lot of annoying evil noobs here, and some get away with it, but time after time someone of the more experienced posters gets fed up and lashes out at first sight (not necessarily on the most deserving)... every newbie has to understand that, learn from mistakes and play along. And most importantly, read. The documentation is fantastic. Not using it is an insult to those who made the effort of putting it together.

Yes, I understand that.

thanks, i think. even tho i searched in help and the only reason i came here is because i cudnt find, that was a very welcoming reply.............

If you still didn't figure it out. Here is an example script.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$hWnd = GUICreate("Hello World!", 640, 480)
$hPic = GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\mslogo.jpg", 0, 0, 640, 480)
$hText = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Age: ", 25, 3)
$hInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 50, 0, 100, 20)
$hButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Hello, Click Me!", 200, 200)

GUICtrlSetBkColor($hText, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)
GUICtrlSetState($hPic, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUISetState()

while(GUIGetMsg() <> -3)
Wend

Simply GUICtrlDisable the picture control, and create your other controls over it.

That doesn't seem too welcoming. Care to point out where, in the help file, one could find this information?

Well maybe you aren't very informed. The OP joined an hour and a half ago and had his FIRST post moderated and locked for something about stealing passwords. The OP's second post was how do I do all these things without any mention of not being able to find it in the help file (aka manual).

This thread rightly deserves a big *CLICK*.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Well maybe you aren't very informed. The OP joined an hour and a half ago and had his FIRST post moderated and locked for something about stealing passwords. The OP's second post was how do I do all these things without any mention of not being able to find it in the help file (aka manual).

This thread rightly deserves a big *CLICK*.

Ahh, I'll have to take your word for it. I apologize.