ResHacker not updating resource information

• Developers

Because ... :)

What is the output shown in the SciTE OutputPane ?

What are the #Autoit3Wrapper directives ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Scite output:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "Z:\Data\Programming\Inet Lock\Working\bootmgr.au3"
+>11:00:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.1.9.5.7
-> No changes made..
+>11:00:25 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.5.6    Environment(Language:0413  Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_VISTA/  CPU:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.10.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>11:00:26 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.10.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "Z:\Data\Programming\Inet Lock\Working\bootmgr.au3" /out "Z:\Data\Programming\Inet Lock\Working\bootmgr.exe" /comp 2 /nopack /Unicode
+>11:00:27 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.
+>11:00:28 RC.exe ended. Changed resource language to: Dutch. rc:0
+>11:00:29 ResHacker ended.rc:0
>Running (3.1.0.0): C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\upx.exe
+>11:00:32 UPX.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 13.207

Resource info:

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=ProgramName
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=2.6
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=MyName
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1043
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
Edited by PcExpert

@PcExpert,

I am using XP atm but previously used Vista. I noticed in using Vista that some file properties do not exist with Vista so were useless to set directives for. I remember that "Description" or was it "Comment" was one directive that Vista did not support. Can you confirm this and would this issue relate to your problem?

@MHz

You're totally right. Its only the version number that isnt being updated. Is there a solution for this?

They are working on a solution for x64 systems right now. Hopefully this will also work with the Vista problem.

My personal solution is don't support Vista but some people tend to disagree.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

@MHz

You're totally right. Its only the version number that isnt being updated. Is there a solution for this?

Not sure if I remember what I used to do but I know I gave up on most directives because of Vista's lack of support. Microsoft rewrote a lot of the Gui for Vista from scratch and did not add support for many things that XP supports. My copy of Vista is collecting dust now and not sure if I will make use of it again. :)

• Developers

Just had a go with Vista and the version was updated correctly.. I indeed don't see the "Comment" field anymore under Vista..

EDIT: Maybe we need to add support for the Product fields?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

These are according MSDN the standard fields supported in RT_Version string table:

szKey

Specifies an arbitrary Unicode string. The szKey member can be one or more of the following values. These values are guidelines only.

Comments

The Value member contains any additional information that should be displayed for diagnostic purposes. This string can be an arbitrary length.

CompanyName

The Value member identifies the company that produced the file. For example, "Microsoft Corporation" or "Standard Microsystems Corporation, Inc."

FileDescription

The Value member describes the file in such a way that it can be presented to users. This string may be presented in a list box when the user is choosing files to install. For example, "Keyboard driver for AT-style keyboards" or "Microsoft Word for Windows".

FileVersion

The Value member identifies the version of this file. For example, Value could be "3.00A" or "5.00.RC2".

InternalName

The Value member identifies the file's internal name, if one exists. For example, this string could contain the module name for a DLL, a virtual device name for a Windows virtual device, or a device name for a Microsoft MS-DOS device driver.

LegalCopyright

The Value member describes all copyright notices, trademarks, and registered trademarks that apply to the file. This should include the full text of all notices, legal symbols, copyright dates, trademark numbers, and so on. In English, this string should be in the format "Copyright Microsoft Corp. 1990 1994".

LegalTrademarks

The Value member describes all trademarks and registered trademarks that apply to the file. This should include the full text of all notices, legal symbols, trademark numbers, and so on. In English, this string should be in the format "Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation".

OriginalFilename

The Value member identifies the original name of the file, not including a path. This enables an application to determine whether a file has been renamed by a user. This name may not be MS-DOS 8.3-format if the file is specific to a non-FAT file system.

PrivateBuild

The Value member describes by whom, where, and why this private version of the file was built. This string should only be present if the

VS_FF_PRIVATEBUILD

flag is set in the dwFileFlags member of the VS_FIXEDFILEINFO structure. For example, Value could be "Built by OSCAR on \OSCAR2".

ProductName

The Value member identifies the name of the product with which this file is distributed. For example, this string could be "Microsoft Windows".

ProductVersion

The Value member identifies the version of the product with which this file is distributed. For example, Value could be "3.00A" or "5.00.RC2".

SpecialBuild

The Value member describes how this version of the file differs from the normal version. This entry should only be present if the

VS_FF_SPECIALBUILD

flag is set in the dwFileFlags member of the VS_FIXEDFILEINFO structure. For example, Value could be "Private build for Olivetti solving mouse problems on M250 and M250E computers".

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Adding support for the product fields sounds like a very good idea!

For the time being this works fine too:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=ProductName|My own Program
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=ProductVersion|9.8.7.1

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

If I do it like that way, and thern compile it on my Vista PC and execute it on a Windows XP PC. Will it still have the right version info then?

Did you try ? :)

my line of thinking here is that these Product fields are just 2 extra fields in the RT_VERSION header thus will show up with the same in Winxp and won't override the field FileVersion.

I am sure you are going to give it a try and let us know :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.