Calling a 3rd party CLI command - wierd problem?!

Bob Wya

I am trying to call the Rehash utility under Windows XP Pro:

Rehash Utility

When I call this command in command window it works fine:

C:\███\███\███\███\███\███\> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rehash\rehash.exe" -none -crc32 -tiger "██████████.avi" > "temp.txt"

I have set up the working directory correctly... Any thoughts what could be going wrong?? I get an error code 3 when I

try and run the script and it exits straight away...

Doesn't work

Redirecting to a file does not work in an AutoIt script but does from a command window.

CODE

Const $c_rehash_executable_path_default = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rehash\rehash.exe"

Global $s_hash_path, $s_hash_folder, $s_hash_file

Global $gs_temp_hash_file

Global $return_code

$s_hash_folder = "C:\███\███\███\███\███\███\"

$s_hash_file = "███.avi"

$s_hash_path = $s_hash_folder & $s_hash_file

$gs_temp_hash_file = "temp.txt"

$return_code = RunWait ("""" & $c_rehash_executable_path_default & """ -none -crc32 -tiger """ & $s_hash_file & """ > """ & $gs_temp_hash_file & """" , $s_hash_folder, @SW_HIDE)

ConsoleWrite("return code = " & $return_code & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite(FileRead($gs_temp_hash_file) & @CRLF)

Exit

Works

I don't really want to use an AutoIt script wrapper for the Rehash process but this does work!

CODE

#include <Constants.au3>

Const $c_rehash_executable_path_default = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rehash\rehash.exe"

Global $s_hash_path, $s_hash_folder, $s_hash_file

Global $output_stream

Global $gpid_rehash

$gpid_rehash = 0

$s_hash_folder = "C:\███\███\███\███\███\███\"

$s_hash_file = "███.avi"

$s_hash_path = $s_hash_folder & $s_hash_file

$gpid_rehash = Run("""" & $c_rehash_executable_path_default & """ -none -crc32 -tiger """ & $s_hash_file & """", $s_hash_folder, @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)

While ProcessExists($gpid_rehash)

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

$output_stream = StdoutRead($gpid_rehash)

ConsoleWrite($output_stream & @CRLF)

Exit

• Developers

what about this version ?:

$return_code = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & $c_rehash_executable_path_default & '" -none -crc32 -tiger "' & $s_hash_file & '" > "' & $gs_temp_hash_file & '"', $s_hash_folder, @SW_HIDE)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

what about this version ?:

$return_code = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & $c_rehash_executable_path_default & '" -none -crc32 -tiger "' & $s_hash_file & '" > "' & $gs_temp_hash_file & '"', $s_hash_folder, @SW_HIDE)
Thanks but...

No that that form is only for executing commands built into the DOS shell. The Rehash command is like any installed executable (just happens not have a GUI).

Its wierd that it works in an AutoIt script except when I use the command option to output to a file...

Bob

• Developers

Thanks but...

No that that form is only for executing commands built into the DOS shell. The Rehash command is like any installed executable (just happens not have a GUI).

Its wierd that it works in an AutoIt script except when I use the command option to output to a file...

Bob

AFAIK the PIPE ">" function is a function of the CMD shell so I expect you require that to make the ">" work.

I have reread your initial post and am kinda lost on what format you are really looking for now.

Do you want to use the PIPE to file of do you want to use the Build-in STDIO functionality ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)