make compiled exe smaller

mud409

I'm trying to trim the size of my script down... I'm about to rewrite and use alot of shared functions which will bring the size down. I stripped the #include's already, so I'm not including a bunch of shit I'm not using. Is there anything else I can do to decrease the size of the final exe? Is there any other compilers out there that'll give me more control over the compile?

Edited by mud409

it appears autoit exe's already are packed...

They are. here's an experiment for you. Create a new au3 script, place a semi-colon on the first line and leave the rest blank. Then compile it and look at the size.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Yes but you can toggle to pack with UPX or not. Or since UPX is free it can easily be unpacked via a command line if you just go download UPX.

That's correct but the OP is trying to reduce the size. Unpacking will increase ir. There is also a good front end available for UPX to make the processe easier. I have not checked for a few months now but it runs in my mind that AutoIt is already using the latest version.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

There are many better compressors/packers out there. Not only is compressing/packing going to make your executable smaller it will make it harder to reverse engineer. I see the point of making an executable smaller but I fail to see the point in stressing over a few kbs. There is seriously no point as autoit compiled executables are all relatively small compared to many others.

I just tested a new script of a simple send("n") and compiled it, it's 226kb my full script is 228kb! please don't tell me this is as small as I can make this...

Why does this need to be so small, is it meant for an Atari 800?

Why does this need to be so small, is it meant for an Atari 800?

yeah, that would be interesting to know ...

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• 12 years later...
  • Developers

@sharkeye, you do realize to replied to a 12 years old thread?

The script will never be small, as the output exe will contain your script with all merged includes and the runtime module which is about the size of autoit3.exe.
The only way to make is somewhat smaller is to use au3stripper.exe, which will make the script file smaller when a lot of include files are used.
In your case there are NONE, so nothing you can do!

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)