TABSTOP

strate

In the attached file is a picture of my display screen I want the user to be able to tab all the way thru the program. The problem is I would like it if the "Edit" buttons were skipped. Is this possible. Here is the way the code is currently.

$PROG_X = 300
$PROG_Y = 450

$CheckBox_X = 10
$CheckBox_Y = 60
$CheckBox_H = 20

$Label_X = 10
$Label_Y = 10
$Label_H = 20
$Label_W = 100

$Input_X = 10
$Input_Y = 10
$Input_H = 20
$Input_W = 140

$Button_X = 150
$Button_y = 10
$Button_H = 20
$Button_W = 40

$File = "H:\LVWIN70\QBASIC\DESC_1.txt"
$list=""
$list2=@crlf
$count=0
$counter=0
$badnum=""
$badnum="|"

For $i= 1 to 1000
   $line = FileReadLine($File,$i)
   If $Line = "" Then ExitLoop
   if @error = -1 then continueloop
   $list=$list & $line & @cr
   $list2=$list2 & $line & @crlf
   $counter=$counter+1
   $badnum=$badnum & $i &"|"
next

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Label Data Entry",$PROG_X,$PROG_Y,-1,-1,0x00CF0000)  

$SO_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W - 85,$Input_Y + 168,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$CUST_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W + 15,$Input_Y + 213,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$TRW_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W + 15,$Input_Y + 253,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$DESC_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W + 15,$Input_Y + 293,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$DUE_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W - 75,$Input_Y + 333,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$QTYREQ_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W - 75,$Input_Y + 373,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$PER_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W - 75,$Input_Y + 413,$Button_W,$Button_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Check what you want to create from the list below.", $Label_X, $Label_Y,$Label_W ,$Label_H + 20)

$GM_ADD = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("GM Address Label", $CheckBox_X, $CheckBox_Y, 120, $CheckBox_H)
$NON_GM_ADD = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("NON-GM Address Label", $CheckBox_X,$CheckBox_Y + 20, 140, $CheckBox_H)
$AUDIT = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("Audit Tag", $CheckBox_X, $CheckBox_Y + 40, 120, $CheckBox_H)
$4X6_OP = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("4X6 Over Pack Labels", $CheckBox_X, $CheckBox_Y + 60, 140, $CheckBox_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Sales Order Number:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 150,$Label_W ,$Label_H)
$SO = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 168,$Input_W - 100,$Input_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Customer Part Number:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 195,$Label_W + 30 ,$Label_H)
$CUST = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 213,$Input_W,$Input_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "TRW Kit Number:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 240,$Label_W ,$Label_H)
$TRW = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 253,$Input_W,$Input_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Description:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 280,$Label_W ,$Label_H)
$DESC = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 293,$Input_W,$Input_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Due Date:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 320,$Label_W - 50,$Label_H)
$DUE = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 333,$Input_W - 90,$Input_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Quantity Requested:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 360,$Label_W,$Label_H)
$QTY = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 373,$Input_W - 90,$Input_H)

GUICtrlCreateLabel ( "Quantity Per Full Pallet:", $Label_X, $Label_Y + 400,$Label_W + 40,$Label_H)
$PER = GUICtrlCreateInput ( "",$Input_X,$Input_Y + 413,$Input_W - 90,$Input_H)

$PRINT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Print",$Button_X + 50,$Button_Y,$Button_W,$Button_H)

$CLEAR = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Clear",$Button_X + 100,$Button_Y,$Button_W,$Button_H)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)   

;~ GUICtrlSetState ($SO,$GUI_FOCUS)

While 1
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()
   If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
WEnd
Thanks

Edited by strate
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

You may be able to set custom "bitor"ed styles for the button omitting the WS_TABSTOP style...

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seen that WS_TABSTOP is a forced condition; if I add a selection, instead of leaving it blank, in the Button control line will it override the forced conditions?
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

• Developers

I seen that WS_TABSTOP is a forced condition; if I add a selection, instead of leaving it blank, in the Button control line will it override the forced conditions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could try this way:

$SO_EDIT = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Edit",$Input_W - 85,$Input_Y + 168,$Button_W,$Button_H)
GUICtrlSetStyle(-1,0x0)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Could try this way:

GUICtrlSetStyle(-1,0x0)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That worked great thank you!

Another question: I know order of control creation affects the tab stop order, but is there an easy way to change the order? DllCall or something?

I already know about workarounds using GuiCtrlDelete/GuiCtrlCreate... and HotKeySet("{Tab}"...)

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

Another question:  I know order of control creation affects the tab stop order, but is there an easy way to change the order?  DllCall or something?

I already know about workarounds using GuiCtrlDelete/GuiCtrlCreate... and HotKeySet("{Tab}"...)

I don't think you can actually. When you code something in VC you have to assign the order when you create the dialog and it just orders the creation of teh control - just like autoit. Could be wrong though.

I don't think you can actually.  When you code something in VC you have to assign the order when you create the dialog and it just orders the creation of teh control - just like autoit.  Could be wrong though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the last time I used Visual Basic 6, there was a "TabIndex" property for each control... It was just an integer that affected the tab ordering.
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

I thought the last time I used Visual Basic 6, there was a "TabIndex" property for each control... It was just an integer that affected the tab ordering.

Looks like it is pos

Yes, it's possible.

If you want to do this during designing your dialog, all resource

editors support changing of the tab order.

For Microsoft Developer Studio take a look at 'Layout/Tab order' menu

command.

If you want to do this in runtime, take a look at

SetWindowPos API function

Thanks, Jon! That was just the hint I needed:

; Script generated by AutoBuilder 0.5 Prototype
$GUI = GuiCreate("Example TabStop ordering")

$Button_1 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Button1", 100, 40, 150, 50)
$Button_2 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Button2", 100, 130, 160, 50)
$Button_3 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Button3", 100, 220, 170, 50)

LastTabStop($GUI, $Button_2)

GuiSetState()
While GuiGetMsg() <> -3;GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, I know, I know
WENd

; Make a control have the last spot in tab ordering.... useful if you loop through all controls from first to last....
Func LastTabStop($GUI, $ref)
   Local $CtrlHandle = ControlGetHandle($GUI, "", $ref)
   Local $orderingHandle = 1;HWND_BOTTOM = 1;
   Local $flags = 0x3;sum of SWP_NOSIZE = 0x1; and SWP_NOMOVE = 0x2; THUS ONLY AFFECT THE Z-ORDER
   Return DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetWindowPos", "hwnd",$CtrlHandle, "hwnd",$orderingHandle, _
                  "int",0, "int",0, "int",0, "int",0, "int",$flags)
EndFunc