FileInstall()

Upon running the following code during Au2Exe I get an error saying "Error adding file: vncpwdumpdll.dll".

I have the .dll in the proper place. This is doing this on both of my computers. Is there something wrong with my code or can a fileinstall not include a .dll. If that is the case then it should be noted in the helpfile (or I missed the note :))

If Not (FileExists(@TempDir & "\vncpwdump.exe")) Then
   FileInstall("vncpwdump.exe", @TempDir & "\vncpwdump.exe")
   If Not (FileExixts (@TempDir & "\vncpwdumpdll.dll")) Then
    FileInstall("vncpwdumpdll.dll", @TempDir & "\vncpwdumpdll.dll")
   EndIf
EndIf

Thanks a million,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

Upon running the following code during Au2Exe I get an error saying "Error adding file: vncpwdumpdll.dll".

I have the .dll in the proper place. This is doing this on both of my computers. Is there something wrong with my code or can a fileinstall not include a .dll. If that is the case then it should be noted in the helpfile (or I missed the note :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: :) Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Perfectly.

:-/ Gives no errors.

I am pretty sure I have to have both files for the .exe to work.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying it cant work with the @TempDir?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Jbeb? There are no variants in JS' fileinstall()s... Why posting that?

Ah, ok. :)

Try... I am not sure it helps... but worth a shoot.

FileInstall("vncpwdump.exe", @TempDir & "\",1)
  If Not (FileExists (@TempDir & "\vncpwdumpdll.dll")) Then
    FileInstall("vncpwdumpdll.dll", @TempDir & "\",1)
  EndIf
EndIf
:) Edited by ezzetabi

• Developers

Are you saying it cant work with the @TempDir?

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forget about it... its getting to late for this....go to sleep now :) Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jbeb? There are no variants in JS' fileinstall()s... Why posting that?

Ah, ok. :)

Try... I am not sure it helps... but worth a shoot.

FileInstall("vncpwdump.exe", @TempDir & "\",1)
  If Not (FileExists (@TempDir & "\vncpwdumpdll.dll")) Then
    FileInstall("vncpwdumpdll.dll", @TempDir & "\",1)
  EndIf
EndIf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wont allow the script to run properly...

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Why? It does not seem you changed the filename.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know why it doesnt work. I know that when I check the output of what that stuff is supposed to do it doesnt do it.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

No one else have any ideas? I have tried running everything... Tidy, Compile Checker, Script Checker, and nothing seems to work. :)

I cant figure this one out.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I don't know what is wrong... what you have done to debug... but if I were to code it, I would...

FileInstall(".\vncpwdump.exe", @TempDir & "\vncpwdump.exe")
  If Not (FileExixts (@TempDir & "\vncpwdumpdll.dll")) Then
    FileInstall(".\vncpwdumpdll.dll", @TempDir & "\vncpwdumpdll.dll")
  EndIf
EndIf

Then have the files in the script directory when you compile...

How do you compile? with right-click or the GUI?

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have been trying to compile with SciTE.

I have the files in the script directory. I always do that. There is no reason for all of the files to be in a different spot.

I will try that really quickly, but I dont see how that would help at all (I just dont quite understand the . I guess it just tells it to be in same directory :) Give me a few).

Edit: The . didnt change a thing. Same error except now it has .\vncpwdumpdll.dll as the unable to add.

Thanks for your help Larry,

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

• Developers

Have been trying to compile with SciTE.

I have the files in the script directory. I always do that. There is no reason for all of the files to be in a different spot.

I will try that really quickly, but I dont see how that would help at all (I just dont quite understand the . I guess it just tells it to be in same directory :) Give me a few).

Edit: The . didnt change a thing. Same error except now it has .\vncpwdumpdll.dll as the unable to add.

Thanks for your help Larry,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok back to basics: is the name correct ? shouldn't that be vncdumpdll.dll ? Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Get a big text file and rename it to that dll and see if that works.  Also post your directory structure in relation to the .au3 file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It compiled fine when I replaced the .dll with another file of the same size. (Large 40kb text file).

All of my .au3 files are in the same folder as well as the files I use in them. I rarely have a directory structure for them other than possibly putting each script in its own directory with all of its included files.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Ok back to basics: is the name correct ?  shouldn't that be vncdumpdll.dll  ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

okay whoa... I thought I had checked that like 3 times. I must have missed it. Thanks JdeB :)

Sorry for the wild goose chase everyone...

JS

BTW It compiled fine :)

AutoIt Links

External Links