Safe way to store files

Hallo !

Why not run your favourite file encryption util on the the text file first ?

Or use the AutoIt builtin encryption ?

wim

edit: Trouwens, je titel: save=bewaar, safe=veilig :)

Edited by whim

So you are planning on distributing this script? In that case, no, your details are not entirely safe. The compiling process does do a decent job of mixing stuff up and making a script hard to read if it were to be decompiled, which as I understand is only nearly impossible, not completely impossible, but it's still possible. As near as I can figure there isn't really any simple way to safely transfer data back and forth over the internet.

As I understand it the files are not stored on a webserver?

you could create a folder and remove all rights, then upload and download your files as administrator.

when you login to the FTP server, you send your username and password over tcp. This is very easy for someone else to read. If you're going to distribute your script, I would use SSL for sending your password and username.

That is right kip. And it is why your first advice is absolutely and truly stupid in my mind.

At least create an restricted account that only have rights on/in the particular folder in use. How secure you can make it depends on the server side software (including the ftp server, but not excluding any other software).

OK, so I made another FTP user now, with restricted access. But the problem is the following: The username is NewUser@mydomain.com

So the full syntax would be NewUser@mydomain.com@mydomain.com . but autoit doesnt seems to handle the username well. When I try this:

InetGet("ftp://NewUser@mydomain.com@mydomain.com/directory/test.txt")

it doesnt work. This is probably because of the @ in the username. How to solve it?

/EDIT:

Does autoit support SFTP (FTP over SSL) ?

Edited by PcExpert

dont you need a password for FTP? username:password@domain.com

And it is why your first advice is absolutely and truly stupid in my mind.

Why? If you have a folder on the server, without any rights, ( so you cant read, write or delete any contents)

you can only acces it with a password.

Edited by kip