Possible Bug? or just shoddy code?

I did look to see if this was a bug and didn't find anything on it in the No Bug, Open, Fixed etc forums. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showforum=3

I was just messing around trying to get a better understanding of GuiTab and tabbed items when I ran this script then hit F1 for AutoIt help. It created a duplicate script. I would close Help then hit F1 again to open it and it would open another script.

I realize there is a lot of junk in this script that is not needed but like I said I was just playing around changing tabs trying multiple windows experimenting etc and wanted to leave it all there in case there was a bug involved and someone wanted to duplicate it.

So maybe on of you experts will tell me what is happening.

Just hit F5 (GO) and then hit F1 to open Help, close help then make sure you have the ScITE window active and hit F1 again, or just click on Help > Help.

Ran on:

Win XP Pro V 2002 SP 2

AutoIt Version 3.2.20.0

November 24th 2007

SciTE4AutoIt3

Version 1.71

Nov 25 2007 09:22:42

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
;#Include <GuiListBox.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
#Include <GuiTab.au3>

$gui = guicreate("Test tabbed GUI", 500, 500, 150, 350)
$tab = GUICtrlCreateTab(5, 35, 490, 460)
$tab0 = GUICtrlCreateTabitem("tab0")
$tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTabitem("tab1")
$tab2 = GUICtrlCreateTabitem("tab2")    

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "XButton")

GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("tab3")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
;GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE)

while 1
    sleep(500)
WEnd

Func XButton()
    Exit
EndFunc
Edited by schilbiz

I did look to see if this was a bug and didn't find anything on it in the No Bug, Open, Fixed etc forums. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showforum=3

The Bug-Tracker replaced the bugs-forum, did you check there??

The Bug-Tracker replaced the bugs-forum, did you check there??

Yeah I looked through the lists but did not see anything that addresses this specific issue. I thought I would check to see if it was something to do with the code before submitting anything. One of the experts on the forums will at the least give a better idea what is causing it so that if it needs to be submitted I will have a better understanding what is causing it.

Edit: Have looked here http://svn.autoitscript.com/trac/ and here http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showforum=3

Edited by schilbiz

I notice this bug too, and this one is an old bug i think (i notice it when i started using AutoIt).

I just could not figure out the consistence or how to reproduce it every time. But now i know that this happen only when script is executed :).

Just hit F5 (GO) and then hit F1 to open Help, close help then make sure you have the ScITE window active and hit F1 again, or just click on Help > Help.

For me the script executed again on the first atempt, i mean when i press F5, focus SciTE window, and press F1 - i see the help file, and another copy of the GUI.

Tested under AutoIt 3.2.8.1 and 3.2.10.0 (with supplied SciTE version).

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

For me the script executed again on the first atempt, i mean when i press F5, focus SciTE window, and press F1 - i see the help file, and another copy of the GUI.

Tested under AutoIt 3.2.8.1 and 3.2.10.0 (with supplied SciTE version).

Now when i think about it, I have also experienced that bug, running under 3.2.10.0 with latest SciTE.... Maybe someone should report it on the bug-tracker??

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but your code seems

to be missing the closing statement as recommended

in the helpfile

I was just checking that but I still got the duplicate script. I just tried a few other scripts that have no tab stuff in them at all and it is still occuring. I don't think it has anything to do with tabbing at this point.

This code below will cause it to occur as well, the only similarity is that it has a while statment and sleep(). You will see it dup in the tray.

$a = Number(1+2)
While 1
Sleep(1000)
WEnd

the only similarity is that it has a while statment and sleep()

Just a Sleep(5000) is enough to trigger this bug :)

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

So basically if you execute a script from SciTE then try to open Help while the script is running, it duplicates the script.

Anyone find otherwise?

Edit: added "while the script is running", for clarity.

Edited by schilbiz

Did a thorough search on Bug Trac and found that this issue had already been submitted.

Edit: To save face the reason I didn't find it originally is because I was searching for issues with tabbed Guis and not just SciTE. After a few people responded and the issue was narrowed down I was able to do a more thorough search on Bug Trac and found the existing but closed ticket.

http://svn.autoitscript.com/trac/ticket/62

Edited by schilbiz

• Developers

Did a thorough search on Bug Trac and found that this issue had already been submitted.

http://svn.autoitscript.com/trac/ticket/62

Correct ... It has been an issue since day one we're using SciTE.

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)