GuiCtrlCreateGroup Highlights Issue

Ealric

Can you set transparency on GuiCtrlCreateGroup? I've tried to do different things and if I can't set transparency, is there a way to change the font color from the default XP blue?

See screenshot image of my app that I'm working on. It's an out of game macro creator for World of Warcraft (fully functional at the moment) that creates and manages in-game macros. I'm polishing it up a bit and still testing heavily but don't want to release it until it looks great.

Any suggestions as to how I would work with this control to change either font or transparency parameters?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

GUICtrlSetBkColor using $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT should work

Global $parent = GUICreate("WoW Macro Creator, Version: " & $version, 380, 682) 
GUISetBkColor($backgrndcolor)
GUISetIcon($iconpath)
; Define top most image for the GUI interface
GUICtrlCreatePic($Logo_back, 1, 1, 380, 440, $SS_SUNKEN)
GUICtrlSetState($Logo_back, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlCreateGroup($general, 10, 10, 361, 190)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($general, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

I've already tried that and a few other things as well. This above does not work. Default state is still relative to the background color of the gui itself. Not sure why it does this. Keep in mind that I do have a background color set and an image set per the picture I enclosed above. Even if I remove the background color, it would then default to the slate gray look with blue font. The image is applied before the control is placed for the group so the group is on top of the image, or that's how it should be relative. Transparency should then apply to the image should it not?

I'm using the latest public version of autoit too 3.2.10.0 (non-beta version)

The above code snippet is the default order the background color / image / group is being applied, although there are other controls inbetween all of this.

Edited by Ealric

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

Global $parent = GUICreate("WoW Macro Creator, Version: " & $version, 380, 682) 
GUISetBkColor($backgrndcolor)
GUISetIcon($iconpath)
; Define top most image for the GUI interface
GUICtrlCreatePic($Logo_back, 1, 1, 380, 440, $SS_SUNKEN)
GUICtrlSetState($Logo_back, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlCreateGroup($general, 10, 10, 361, 190)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($general, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

I've already tried that and a few other things as well. This above does not work. Default state is still relative to the background color of the gui itself. Not sure why it does this. Keep in mind that I do have a background color set and an image set per the picture I enclosed above. Even if I remove the background color, it would then default to the slate gray look with blue font. The image is applied before the control is placed for the group so the group is on top of the image, or that's how it should be relative. Transparency should then apply to the image should it not?

I'm using the latest public version of autoit too 3.2.10.0 (non-beta version)

The above code snippet is the default order the background color / image / group is being applied, although there are other controls inbetween all of this.

IIRC a group control is really a button control, so I believe transparancy would be a tough one, maybe it can be done with owner drawn

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Here's something I was messing around with 3 or 4 years ago, a little tweaking and it should work like you want.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Dim $W_HEIGHT = 300, $W_WIDTH = 500, $TITLE = "Graphic Edge Demo"
;==================================================================
; create the Main window
;==================================================================
$MAIN_WINDOW = GUICreate($TITLE,$W_WIDTH,$W_HEIGHT)

GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\mslogo.jpg", 20, 20, 200, 50)
$hctrl = _GUICtrlCreateGroupBox("My Group", 25, 25, 2, 190, 40)
GUICtrlSetColor($hctrl, 0xff0000)
$EXIT = GUICtrlCreateButton("E&xit", 310, $W_HEIGHT - 40, 120, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $MAIN_WINDOW)

Do
    $MSG = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $MSG = $EXIT
            ExitLoop
        Case Else
        ;
    EndSelect
Until $MSG = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

;===============================================================================
;
; Description:      _GUICtrlCreateEdge "Create an edge line from a label"
; Parameter(s):     $i_x - left
;                           $i_y - top
;                           $i_width - width
;                           $i_height - height
;                           $v_color - color
; Requirement:      none
; Return Value(s):  none
; User CallTip:     none
; Author(s):        layer
; Note(s):          all the following were inspired by this simple function
;
;===============================================================================

; Insert script here.
#EndRegion

Func _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x, $i_y, $i_width, $i_height, $v_color)
    GuiCtrlCreateGraphic($i_X, $i_Y, $i_Width, $i_Height,0x1000)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,$v_color)
EndFunc

#Region - 

;
; Description:      _GUICtrlCreateEdgeBox
; Parameter(s):     $i_x - left
;                           $i_y - top
;                           $i_weight - line weight
;                           $i_width - width
;                           $i_height - height
;                           $v_color - color
; Requirement:      GUICtrlCreateEdge
; Return Value(s):  none
; User CallTip:     none
; Author(s):        Gary Frost (gary.frost@arnold.af.mil)
; Note(s):          
;

; Insert script here.
#EndRegion

Func _GUICtrlCreateEdgeBox($i_x,$i_y,$i_weight,$i_width,$i_height,$v_color)
; left vertical line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x, $i_y, $i_weight, $i_height, $v_color)
; top horizontal line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x, $i_y, $i_width, $i_weight, $v_color)
; right vertical line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_width + $i_x - 1, $i_y, $i_weight, $i_height, $v_color)
; bottom horizontal line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x, $i_height + $i_y - 1, $i_width + $i_weight - 1, $i_weight, $v_color)
EndFunc

Func _GUICtrlCreateGroupBox($sText, $i_x,$i_y,$i_weight, $i_width, $i_height,$v_color=-1)
    Local $hdc = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)
    Local $tSize = _WinAPI_GetTextExtentPoint32($hdc, $sText)
    If($v_color == -1) Then $v_color = 0x000000
; left vertical line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x, $i_y, $i_weight, $i_height, $v_color)
     Local $h_ctlid = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sText, $i_x + 4, $i_y - (DllStructGetData($tSize, "Y")/2))
     GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)
; top horizontal line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x + DllStructGetData($tSize, "X") - 4, $i_y, $i_width - DllStructGetData($tSize, "X") + 4, $i_weight, $v_color)
; right vertical line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_width + $i_x - 1, $i_y, $i_weight, $i_height, $v_color)
; bottom horizontal line
    _GUICtrlCreateEdge($i_x, $i_height + $i_y - 1, $i_width + $i_weight - 1, $i_weight, $v_color)
     Return $h_ctlid
EndFunc

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for the help Gary. I'll take a look at it in the morning and see how it goes. Take care mate.

Gary you are the man!

Thanks a lot - this worked out great. It works perfectly over images and acts transparently with them. Appreciate the help.