Help... The tools I use prior to asking questions.

bkazdan

As a computer technician, my primary focus is on fixing machines and making processes more efficient and effective. So I was thrilled to find AutoIt. It allows me to easily take my creative solutions and make them into actual utilities.

When I began to use AutoIt I found that I had a lot of questions, which should be expected of anyone learning a new language. I considered coming and asking on the forums, but it only took reading a few posts to see that getting help without having some script is just not happening here on these boards.

So I read the documentation, learned the basics, and made a few very basic applications to get the hang of things. I used the forums, wiki, documentation (only & offline) and other online resources to find the answers to the majority of my problems.

Since all of the resources were spread out and my brain constantly says, "make simple, make it faster", I came up with a way to do just that.

I created a Google Custom Search Engine and have been tuning it for AutoIt.

The URL for it is: http://autoit.kazdan.com

For a while have used it and enjoyed it greatly. I figured maybe its time to share.

The page can be set as a search provider, which can be nice while you are developing.

I would be interested in hearing any feedback that people have to offer. Also if you think there are more resources that need to be added to th search, please let me know.

Hey. I aprishiate your job and time entered into this page but.... the same info we may find in SciTe help ? Am I wrong ?

If someone is a reall newbie, link to the advanced source codes, will not help him. And if he not newbie he dont need this basic help.

Edited by Uriziel01

Hello Bkazdan And Welcome To AutoIt :3

I Like To Help People And I Got To Say Nice.. On The Custom Search :)

Well If You Need Any Help And You Can't Find It On Your Search Just Feel

Free To Add Me On MSN..

$MSN = ('Maxell225@Hotmail.Com')
MsgBox (0, "E-Mail / MSN" , $MSN ,0)
ClipPut ('maxell225@hotmail.com') ; So You Can Just Paste It And Add :P
; And Again Welcome To AutoIt :D

Latest Projects :- New & Improved TCP Chat

Hey. I aprishiate your job and time entered into this page but.... the same info we may find in SciTe help ? Am I wrong ?

If someone is a reall newbie, link to the advanced source codes, will not help him. And if he not newbie he dont need this basic help.

The search utility is not the same as the help file.

The resource you are talking about is a single reference while the search engine that I mentioned uses several references. It includes the online documentation, wiki, forums, and more.

Take a peek and see how you like it.