Download file only once

Nisse

I have a question for you AutoIt geeks: How can I make sure a file in a specific client folder (on a server) hasn´t been downloaded more than x times from the server? Let´s say we want to permit 3 downloads, then block the file from further download attempts. Ny idea is to store a counter on the server that is incrementet from the AutoIt script. This way we can avoid a local counter that can be reset, and alos if a "client" downloads from another computer with a fresh counter.

:)

Hi,

is it public? How to get the file? user passwort login? Lan / Wan?

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

is it public? How to get the file? user passwort login? Lan / Wan?

Mega

It´s a public AutoIt-script which will ask for a unique login/password locally and then download a common file from a regular web server, but increment a unique counter (on the server) for every customer. I have looked at the FTP-functions but I find them a bit fuzzy. I´m new to all this.

Edited by Nisse

Hi,

why let Autoit count? Let the server count like downloads in this forum.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Concept:

Setup a MySQL database to store the user names, passwords, download count, etc... When the user requests a file, get the download count from the database and make sure it isn't greater than 0. If it is, do not allow the user to download the file.

MySQL UDFs

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20814

Edited by chris95219