How to read a file into a SplashText box?

PBear

I searched through the forums last night and found two messages asking the same basic question, but neither had any replies [tsk tsk :rolleyes: ].

How do you read the contents of a file into a SplashText box? I've tried for hours, with embedding FileReadLine and SplashTextOn/ControlSetText in all different combinations of For ... Next and While ... Wend, but the best restult I can get is to display each line, as it's read in from the file, at the top of the SplashText box - where it always replaces the previous line.

I tried using _FileReadToArray also, but all that got me was zeros displayed!

I want to read in a simple, short file and have each new line display below the one before it, i.e., just read the whole file into the box as a text block.

If anyone could help, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Is this what you want?

That's exactly what I want. (I'm embarassed how simple it was - I just didn't pick up on how to use of the FileGetSize() function to circumvent FileRead() needing to read each character in at a time, thinking FileReadLine() was the biggest chunk I could get.)

Thanks a bunch.

[Normeus: Thank you, too, for your add'l help. I don't want scrolling text for this particular project, but I will download the code and keep it around for future use.]

Edited by PBear