Very slow exit time

therks

Here's my SciTe output:

>"C:\Program Files\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Rob\AutoIt\_Scraps\_scrap.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams   
+>15:10:31 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.3
>Running AU3Check (1.54.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>15:10:31 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.11.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Rob\AutoIt\_Scraps\_scrap.au3" 
+>15:10:36 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
+>15:10:37 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 6.235
(Notice the Time: 6.235)

Here's my script...

Exit

Yeah, that's it, I even could have left it completely blank - the only difference would be the exit code would be 1 instead of 0.

It seems whenever a script exits (manually with Exit, errors, or otherwise) it takes 5+ seconds before it actually quits. Any ideas? This has only happened with the most recent version (3.2.11). 3.2.10... never did this to me, and I'm pretty sure it's not just my system lagging, because my CPU usage is down at the norm and everything else is running fine. I'm a little worried that I'm the only one experiencing this as I haven't seen it mentioned at all by anyone else.

Environment = 3.2.11.0 under WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 X86

I've always had a problem with Multiple Desktops closing but I'm not sure if that's just because I have some inefficient coding...

Edit:P.S. My computer took .6 longer then yours to exit...

Edit: Changed the Edit to a P.S. because it shouldn't of been an edit. :)

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Yes, this is a bug in AutoIt. It has been fixed. You can read about it here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=473398

- The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

So we just need to use the latest scite (wrapper)?

Yes and no.

This is fixed, as Gary said. It was a bug in AutoIt's STDIO stuff and is fixed now. Jos just needs to recompile AutoItWrapper with fresh code until 3.2.11.1 is released.

So it's technically a bug in AutoIt, but I guess using the latest wrapper will somehow dodge it? I didn't quite understand that part either... I'm just waiting for the latest release.