L|M|TER Media Player - NEW VERSION 4.0.0.7 !

LIMITER

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@KentonBomb

Line 60 is only executing if you are running with the /debug parameter, so it's not likely for this line to be the faulty one, especially if you are loading a *.m3u file, which should start executing around line 2312 ...

@Kreatorul

It happened to me too when I was running XP, but now, after switching to Vista, everything is sorted out ...

Cheers,

L|M|TER

• 2 weeks later...

This is really good. I haven't tried the vid. player though.

A few items in my wish list:

-At first, I have no idea how to open the playlist until I click the "P" next to minimize... so... I don't know.

-Right click an mp3, play with LMP --> says LMP already running. Should just play it for me...

-Playlist... Able to drag columns around (and remembers). I want Path to be the first column

-Dragging an MP3 into LMP resets the playlist's column width

-No duplicate checks when adding folder, file or drag-n-drop

-Playlist... pressing delete button while having a row selected does nothing. Same with enter (should play).

-Ability to resize playlist... would like it smaller (at least vertically).

-ffdshow audio decoder icon stays and increases in number.

-Click Settings, language is blank although if you hover your mouse over it, it'll fill the value.

-Search function. Works but it also returns folders... double clicking it does nothing (it's not an audio file, it's a folder).

-Search function. Would like to be able to do another search without closing the search result window.

Overall it's great player!

Using LMP 3.6.0

I'm running XP Pro 2002 SP3

Edit:

Tried vid. player. Wish list :P here:

-Ability to play .flv files (youtube)

-It doesn't work. Video displayed on top of "duration/remaining time" section and cropped to window size. Unable to resize window or maximize to fullscreen.

-Buttons in vid.player aren't as pretty as audio player.

-Click vid.player, choose cancel. Says please select a video. Shouldn't say that (I cancelled).

Edit:

audio player > playlist:

-when sorting by "Path", it's sorte alpha... but I would like those in sub folders be on top to mimic windows explorer. Example:

c:\mp3\a.mp3

c:\mp3\midi\a.mid

c:\mp3\n.mp3

should be

c:\mp3\midi\a.mid

c:\mp3\a.mp3

c:\mp3\n.mp3

Hard to do :P?

Thanks!

Edit:

audio player > playlist:

-double clicking plays the song but when it ends, it goes to the next (random) song (based on preference I guess)-- but shouldn't it just stop?

-playlist also grabs folders. double clicking this does nothing (this is similar to one above).

Edited by sensalim

-At first, I have no idea how to open the playlist until I click the "P" next to minimize... so... I don't know.

Check the Help File (FAQ) at question 7.

-Right click an mp3, play with LMP --> says LMP already running. Should just play it for me...

If you have LMP already running, it will not play the sound, but I'll work on it :D

-Playlist... Able to drag columns around (and remembers). I want Path to be the first column

Maybe I'll add that soon...

Dragging an MP3 into LMP resets the playlist's column width

I'll fix that :zorro:

No duplicate checks when adding folder, file or drag-n-drop

Too hard to make :P ...

-Playlist... pressing delete button while having a row selected does nothing. Same with enter (should play).

No multiple delete yet.

I'll add Enter support :robot:

-Ability to resize playlist... would like it smaller (at least vertically).

No way !

Not my fault ...

-Click Settings, language is blank although if you hover your mouse over it, it'll fill the value.

I know ... I'll redesign the language system soon :dance:

-Search function. Works but it also returns folders... double clicking it does nothing (it's not an audio file, it's a folder).

I think it's because of the Recursive file search ... I'll fix that too :dance:

-Search function. Would like to be able to do another search without closing the search result window.

I'll try to add that :cheer:

-Ability to play .flv files (youtube)

If you have the correct codecs for WMP you can ...

P.S. - I'll expand the file types in LVP (L|M|TER Video Player)

-It doesn't work. Video displayed on top of "duration/remaining time" section and cropped to window size. Unable to resize window or maximize to fullscreen.

I'll fix that :cheer:

-Buttons in vid.player aren't as pretty as audio player.

I'll improve them soon :geek:

-Click vid.player, choose cancel. Says please select a video. Shouldn't say that (I cancelled).

I forgot about that one :P

-when sorting by "Path", it's sorte alpha... but I would like those in sub folders be on top to mimic windows explorer.

I don't have this in my mind right now ...

-double clicking plays the song but when it ends, it goes to the next (random) song (based on preference I guess)-- but shouldn't it just stop?

It doesn't stop because ou have 'Shuffle' enabled ! You can make it stop the songs, by disabling 'Shuffle' in Settings :o

Thx for feedback :bike:

L|M|TER

Hi Limiter,

some suggestions on features to add, bug/problem reports etc.:

I'm missing a "previous" and a "next" button, IMO every Media Player needs that.

I'm getting an Fatal error when trying to load a *.wpl-Playlist from Windows Media Player with "Import Playlist". -> see attached file

In the new version, if adding a folder, subfolders are not added anymore, unlike in 3.6.0.

With an initally empty playlist, after adding a folder and then pressing the start button, a traytip pops up saying "no songs in the playlist".

After playing a few songs, a lot of items in the traylist (although you mentioned in another post, that this was fixed in your player) -> see attached file

Doesn't minimize to tray, even if set so in settings. (works if I use the option on the traymenu)

An option to disable the splash-on-start would be nice.

Overall a great piece of work, looks awesome and might become the new and FAST winamp once ;-)

thanks and cheers

post-32823-1217251683_thumb.gif

post-32823-1217252512_thumb.jpg

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln - http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://www.freedocumentaries.org/

I'm missing a "previous" and a "next" button, IMO every Media Player needs that.

I know :o ... But I don't know how to make it :D

I'm getting an Fatal error when trying to load a *.wpl-Playlist from Windows Media Player with "Import Playlist".

Strange... I tested all the playlists from wmp and they were fine ... Probably because of XP (Only tested on Vista)

In the new version, if adding a folder, subfolders are not added anymore, unlike in 3.6.0.

It seems like the option to give only files from the RecursiveSearch does not work with subfolders :zorro:

With an initally empty playlist, after adding a folder and then pressing the start button, a traytip pops up saying "no songs in the playlist".

You must select a song in the playlist first and then click play :P

After playing a few songs, a lot of items in the traylist (although you mentioned in another post, that this was fixed in your player)

I didn't say it is fixed, i said that is not my fault, it's the codec :P ...

Doesn't minimize to tray, even if set so in settings. (works if I use the option on the traymenu)

You must double-click the tray icon to minimize lmp to tray ... Do the same to restore it :robot:

An option to disable the splash-on-start would be nice.

Maybe ...

Thx for feedback,

L|M|TER

Not my fault ...

I didn't say it is fixed, i said that is not my fault, it's the codec :P ...

Why do you keep blaming the codec when you only need 1 function to fix it? Don't you know how or are you lazy?

I can't get it to play any songs... Anybody else got this problem? I get the famous error about incorrect array subscript or whatever it is...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that if you click the P in the top right it shows the playlist... I'm not really sure how that's supposed to make sense. However, you should make it so that it doesn't crash if you click play when nothing is selected.

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

@AdmiralAlkex

I think it's the codec, cause I'm running Vista (no additional codecs) and it works like a charm :zorro: If you know how to fix this, show me :P

@Achilles

On my machine everything works just fine... (you could check the help at FAQ to see what the buttons do)

P.S. - I'll post a note in the first topic regarding to te P button :P

EDIT : Nevermind, just tested it in VMWare :o and it showed the array error :D I'm fixing it right now ...

Cheers,

L|M|TER

Edited by LIMITER