L|M|TER Media Player - NEW VERSION 4.0.0.7 !

LIMITER

@AdmiralAlkex

I think it's the codec, cause I'm running Vista (no additional codecs) and it works like a charm :P If you know how to fix this, show me :P

It's the codec yes, but it happens because you don't close the sound first. You need to use _SoundClose().

I think you need one for each _SoundOpen() or/and _SoundPlay() but I don't remember exactly because I haven't worked on my media player for a long time.

If you want I could compare my source with yours and try to find the necessary changes?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took a look at your source and the easiest way to fix it would be to add _SoundClose($playlistsong) before ALL your $playlistsong = _SoundOpen($playlistsong1) so it goes like this:

_SoundClose($playlistsong)
$playlistsong = _SoundOpen($playlistsong1)

It would look more professional if you also did that after every _SoundStop() but that's not necessary so I will leave that up to you to decide.

I have attached my edited script incase you don't understand what I just wrote :P

Edit: Attachment removed because of limited space (if L|M|TER hasn't fixed support for ffdshow then try my EMP)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

WooW! Big respect :o You have maded many improvements until my last visit in this thread :P Only bug finded by 10min. "fun" with LMP is when I press play/payse button, there is a blink of previous button(when pressing play it is pause and 'vice versa') about 50pixels on left.

But still, huge respect for you great work ! It is without doubt best player maded in AutoIt :P Keep working !

EDIT:

And yeah vid. player still not fixed.(seeing only small part of image)

I like your sig:

If you like LMP, please rate it !

So if someone doesn't like it they shouldn't rate it?

Edit: Also, your Volume slider doesn't work unless it's playing... In my opinion, it would look better if it always updated event if the song wasn't playing.

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

@AdmiralAlkex

A big thanks :o !

@Uriziel01

"Only bug finded by 10min. "fun" with LMP is when I press play/payse button, there is a blink of previous button(when pressing play it is pause and 'vice versa') about 50pixels on left."

I saw that too when I was testing it in VMWare... It's only an XP bug ... Sorry :P (I couldn't fix it)

Oh btw, the video bug, I thought it was fixed :P At least for me... There is a glitch though.. The width and height ar changing their index numbers... I'll try to update the extprop udf with a never one :D

@Achilles

Why would you rate it if you don't like it ?

I'll try to update the volume slider too :zorro:

Thanks all for feedback and support :robot: !

Cheers,

L|M|TER

Edited by LIMITER

Looks VERY good L|M|TER :P

I've only got one suggestion this time :o

Instead of making the script pause when you play a new song (you know the black slide up thingy) by using Sleep(), try this ...

Create an array with two subscripts (i.e. $Timer[2], but declare it globally at the top of your file), one for holding a value to determine whether the slide-up info box is showing and another to hold a timestamp.

Using this array, you can check whether or not the box is showing, then if it is and the correct amount of milliseconds has passed you can call a function to close it.

It'll just add that extra bit of functionality :D

p.s. if you need an example of what i'm talking about i'll post one :P

My scripts:AppLauncherTRAY - Awesome app launcher that runs from the system tray NEW VERSION! | Run Length Encoding - VERY simple compression in pure autoit | Simple Minesweeper Game - Fun little game :)My website

@L|M|TER

After comparing your and mine media players to find the ffdshow issue I fell in love with my own media player again. :o

That would probably not have happened without you so I want to thank you for that! :P

After doing some extensive modernizing and upgrading I found one issue you should be aware of if you decided to use _SoundClose() as i recommeded:

You need to run _SoundVolume() after your _SoundOpen() or else the volume will be back to 1000 after _SoundOpen().

That must be done or things can go really bad. For example if you lower your volume on the computer and increase on your speakers, and then when the song is changed it will get LOUD AS HELL and your brain explode! :zorro:

@Achilles:

I have gone through most of LMP while finding the cause for the ffdshow issue (and later for steal... errm :P "borrowing" ideas for my own media player) and I can say that from my point of view LMP is very ineffective sometimes, some examples=

A. Some file-functions are done in a slow way, reading and writing are sometimes done 1 line at a time.

B. Generally "non-optimal" fileoperations.

C. There are some things that get repeated multiple times even though it only makes sence to do it 1 time.

D. Some information are read over and over again. Even though it doesn't change!

But don't think that I don't like it, LMP is my favorite media player created in AutoIt at the moment (after mine ofc), I am only saying that there are many things that could be optimized.

Maybe L|M|TER could chime in on the issue??

Note to self: this must be my longest post on this forum! :D

@Achilles:

I have gone through most of LMP while finding the cause for the ffdshow issue (and later for steal... errm ermm.gif "borrowing" ideas for my own media player) and I can say that from my point of view LMP is very ineffective sometimes, some examples=

I've personally been investigating this media player a lot because I'm also making my own. It will be done in a few days and I think it's the best thing every created! It includes all the aspects I like about other media players and throws them into one. Startup time is less than a second, there's lots of options... easy to use hotkeys, the seekbar works great... I've almost got it done.

That reminds me, L|M|TER your seek bar doesn't seek if you just click on a point on it that isn't the little drag thing... Like, say it's at 50% and you click on 10%, the drag thing will jump back to around 30% but your media player will just bounce back to 50%. Hope that was clear.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Bah! My mediaplayer will feature a semi-working visualizer, beat that Achilles and BrettF!

But you see, that's one of the features I never like so why would I add it? I usually only listen to music in the background while I do other things.

@BrettF: :P I was actually thinking of putting that somebody's name in the post...

Edited by Achilles

But you see, that's one of the features I never like so why would I add it? I usually only listen to music in the background while I do other things.

@BrettF: :P I was actually thinking of putting that somebody's name in the post...

I also usually listen to music in the background, but I don't always use my second monitor so I sometimes let some visualization run there while still working/playing on the primary monitor.

Don't you have anything to brag about? Doesn't yours do anything special? Or is it... :P

I also usually listen to music in the background, but I don't always use my second monitor so I sometimes let some visualization run there while still working/playing on the primary monitor.

Don't you have anything to brag about? Doesn't yours do anything special? Or is it... :P

Well, I don't really think this is the place, I mean it is a topic for L|M|TER's player... But you'll see when I release it.

Well, I don't really think this is the place, I mean it is a topic for L|M|TER's player... But you'll see when I release it.

I understand what you mean, we have gone a little off-topic here... But before we end I must ask, do you have an ETA on your release?

I understand what you mean, we have gone a little off-topic here... But before we end I must ask, do you have an ETA on your release?

Probably two days if I don't run into any big problems. I've got the framework all up and now am just testing things and adding options as well as functionality. How about yours?

Probably two days if I don't run into any big problems. I've got the framework all up and now am just testing things and adding options as well as functionality. How about yours?

Everything works and I could release it now but i am hesitant to do so until I have fixed two issues.

First I don't have any graphics. I am not good with Photoshop so I will most likely have to steal some nice buttons, etc. A shame but what could one do?

Second I have to rewrite most/all code belonging to playlist because I want a listview so I could display artist, album etc. The reason is that my media player originates from "SimpleMusic4.frank" from "Franks Gadget" (in my sig!) that due to space (& design) constraints had to use a list.