Computer Performance Profile - Check it out!

DirtDBaK

It works perfect on 3.2.10.0, but you have the values far to low!! My computer got 9.8 which in my opinion is to high when you have capped it to 10....

And what's the point of the OS tests?? To get 100% you only need Vista installed, seems pointless to me. (also this was the only thing which kept me from getting 10 points, everything else get 100%)

I also find it strange that you complain about Vistas Performance Index, you do know that the whole point of it is to someday supercede the "minimun requirements" we have today on software so it must be based on the lowest score and be "limit-less"

To sum it up: limits need to be removed or increased extremely much when even my old rig gets maximum points (except OS-test which seems pointless to me) other than that i give thumbs up :)

I have now checked the source more closely and wanted to say that it's nicely structured and very readable, but you could have shortened it a bit by looping the parts that works with the progressbars, also I am still not sure that i get the point with the OS and graphics-memory tests.... :)

For fun I commented out this part:

If $PROC > 100 then $PROC = 100
If $MEM > 100 then $MEM = 100
If $VID > 100 then $VID = 100
If $DRIVE > 100 then $DRIVE = 100
If $OS > 100 then $OS = 100
And now i got 13,9!! :) (over-clocked)

Overall a good job but as it's not follows my philosophy I hope you don't mind if I create my own "Performance Profile-thingy" based on yours??? :)

Cool, I got a 9 here at work.. DBak.. When ya gonna go 3.2.10.0? Man, we need ya over here.. LOL You will find that changing your scripts over is not nearly as hard as it was in the begining. I have done a few bigger scripts and it is not too bad now..

but you could have shortened it a bit by looping the parts that works with the

I was being lazy, so copy and paste was what I did

When ya gonna go 3.2.10.0?

When I get vista lol

I also find it strange that you complain about Vistas Performance Index,

I'm not really complaining, I just wanted my own, and I wanted it to test certain things.

but you have the values far to low!!

What would you recommend for each?

philosophy I hope you don't mind if I create my own "Performance Profile-thingy" based on yours???

I don't mind, but would you mind helping me improve mine with whatever other ideas you get?

I got a 4.8???

Lol, nice...

Thanks to all who posted

[center][/center]

When I get vista lol

When's that? When pigs fly? :) (sry couldn't resist)

I don't mind, but would you mind helping me improve mine with whatever other ideas you get?

If/when I modify/create one myself I will share it on the forum so you can take whatever parts you like

What would you recommend for each?

I would create mine with as few limits as possible to make it "future-proof" (as I understand it Vistas Performance Index has no higher limit so if anyone runs vista in a hundred years he could theoreticly get thousands of points)

When's that? When pigs fly? (sry couldn't resist)

Actually I was thinking when pigs become rockect scientists, and invent waterproof water lol

I would create mine with as few limits as possible to make it "future-proof" (as I understand it Vistas Performance Index has no higher limit so if anyone runs vista in a hundred years he could theoreticly get thousands of points)

I would love to see that but how do plan on doing this?

[center][/center]

I wish Windows XP had moving backgrounds like vista...they are pretty...lol

Windows XP will never have 3d animated backgrounds like vista, but movies can be used as a wallpaper with many modern movie-players, search with google or download VLC

I get a lot of errors when I try the script:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /AU3Check /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3"
+>19:35:07 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.2
>Running AU3Check (1.54.10.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(21,13) : ERROR: syntax error
ProgressOn( &
~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(22,24) : ERROR: ProgressOn() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.
_ComputerGetMemory($MEM)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(116,8) : ERROR: syntax error
$str = &
~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(117,21) : ERROR: syntax error
$Str= $Str & @CRLF &&
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(119,22) : ERROR: syntax error
$Str= $Str & @CRLF & &
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(121,22) : ERROR: syntax error
$Str= $Str & @CRLF & &
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(125,17) : ERROR: syntax error
If @OSVersion = &
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(125,78) : ERROR: multi-line 'If' missing 'Then'.
If @OSVersion = 'WIN_XP' or @OSversion = 'WIN_2003'  Then
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3(127,1) : ERROR: syntax error
Elseif
^
C:\Documents and Settings\Jar\Desktop\All organized Files\AutoIt\Autoit Scripts\Test.au3 - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)
!>19:35:14 AU3Check ended.rc:2
+>19:35:14 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0    Time: 10.665

Nice I got a 18.1 :) (taking TzarAlkex's advice and commenting out those lines)

Processor: 120% - Core 2 Quad 6600 (stock 2.4 GHz)

Memory: 200% - 4 GB DDR2 @ 800 Mhz (not the fastest but it was only $100 for the two sticks =D)

Video Memory: 200% - XFX GeForce 8800 GT, 512 MB RAM, 600 MHz core clock

Data Storage: 465.5 - 2 SATA HDD, one 400 GB and one 500 GB

Worst score was OS ... whats wrong with XP pro 64 bit? xD I have Vista too (duo boot) but XP so much faster in games =D

EDIT: My little HP with a Athlon 3200+ only got 7.7 :)

poor guy ... lol

It only has a 256 MB vid card and it scored 100% on vid memory ... I think you need to up the limit xD

~ Hallman

Edited by Hallman