RunWait with spaces in directories

I'm trying to run a program that will unzip files to a destination directory. Both the program directory and the destination have spaces in the directory names. I can't not get this to work using runwait but it works from a command line.

If I run the following command from the command line... It works

"cmd /k" "c:\documents and settings\bobh\desktop\esm test\paext.exe" -t "c:\documents and settings\bobh\desktop\esm test\models_update.zip"

If I try the following RunWait, it does not work. It tells me c:\documents is not recognized as an internal or external command.

chr(34) & @COMSPEC & " /k" & chr(34) & " " & Chr(34) & @ScriptDir & "\paext.exe" & chr(34) & " -t " & Chr(34) & @ScriptDir & "\" & $sModelsZipFileName & chr(34)

@ScriptDir = c:\documents and settings\bobh\desktop\esm test

$sModelsZipFileName = models_update.zip

It seems like it can't handle more than one set of "s. I even tried mixing double and single quotes.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

This works on my system:

Local $cmd =  @COMSPEC & " /k dir " & Chr(34) & @DocumentsCommonDir & chr(34) 
    runwait($cmd, @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

AutoIt version 3.2.11.0

This works on my system:

Local $cmd =  @COMSPEC & " /k dir " & Chr(34) & @DocumentsCommonDir & chr(34) 
    runwait($cmd, @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

AutoIt version 3.2.11.0

This will not always be run from the @DocumentsCommonDir. In most cases it will be run from a temp dir and maybe have spaces in the subdir name.

What I'm trying to do is call a program using the full path and pass it switches, unzip directory and directory of zip file. All using full path names. This requires 3 sets of double quotes and I can't make it work.

If my sample works you should compare it to your code. I can not run your code as files are missing on my system. So to create a common ground I used @DocumentsCommonDir as it normally does have spaces in it.

So, what is the biggest difference between the code you provided and the one I provided?

Or: Are you really able to run "cmd /k" (literally including the ") from your run dialog?

It tells me c:\documents is not recognized as an internal or external command.

chr(34) & @COMSPEC & " /k" & chr(34) & " " & Chr(34) & @ScriptDir & "\paext.exe" & chr(34) & " -t " & Chr(34) & @ScriptDir & "\" & $sModelsZipFileName & chr(34)

@ScriptDir = c:\documents and settings\bobh\desktop\esm test

$sModelsZipFileName = models_update.zip

It seems like it can't handle more than one set of "s. I even tried mixing double and single quotes.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

A lot of time you get that message when you don't add the working directory.

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k "' & @ScriptDir & '\paext.exe" -t "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $sModelsZipFileName & '"', @ScriptDir)
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

A lot of time you get that message when you don't add the working directory.

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k "' & @ScriptDir & '\paext.exe" -t "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $sModelsZipFileName & '"', @ScriptDir)
I tried the above command and the results are attached in the document. I still get the problem where it doesn't handle spaces in the command correctly. The second image in the attachment is a msgbox output of the command. It appears to be correct and if executed from a cmd window, works correctly. It only fails when i use it in an autoit script with a runwait command.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

runwait.doc

I'm a noob and all, but I'd start at the simplest way first..

Can you run it as such:

Run('"c:\documents and settings\bobh\desktop\esm test\paext.exe" -t "c:\documents and settings\bobh\desktop\esm test\models_update.zip"')

and have it work?

If so, then at least you know it can be done.. and move forward from there. Maybe Im missing something in your question, but well.. maybe this helps too.