How to move cursor from one text field to the next ?

akarui

I am new with AutoIT3.

I am going to automate login mechanism to open my Yahoo Mail in Firefox.

I could successfully open the yahoo mail login page and enter the user name in the "Yahoo! ID:" text field.

Now I like to move my cursor (as if by right TAB) to the next text field which is "Password:" text field and enter my password and then click on "Sign In" button.

Please help me to complete my code.

Here is the code so far is working:

/*******************************************

; Script Start

Run("firefox.exe mail.yahoo.com")

WinWaitActive("Yahoo! Mail: The best web-based email! - Mozilla Firefox")

Send("my_yahooid")

********************************************/

Automating a webpage in Firefox is tricky at best. Use the IE tools and use IE for this task. You will find it MUCH easier. Yes, I know you want to use Firefox. You will just end up beating yourself up trying to make this stable.

OK, according to your suggestion, I'll use IE.

Now please help me to get the cursor to the next text field (Password field).

Thanks in advance.

OK, according to your suggestion, I'll use IE.

Now please help me to get the cursor to the next text field (Password field).

Thanks in advance.

I haven't used the IE COM functions too much, so I can't help there. But to answer your original question, try
Send("{TAB}")

Not that I disagree with the other guys - this will probably be a clunky script when completed if you continue in your original track, but...thought I'd try and give you the answer you were looking for. Even if your script doesn't work perfectly when it's done, if you choose to continue trying to automate FireFox for this task, you'll end up learning something :)

Good luck in your script, whichever way you go!

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110