Implementing a progress bar into a listview ?!

Armand

Does anyone have a suggestion ?!

i've done making the 'collapsing/expending' code on a list view [since we can't implement it in au3].

how about a progress bar - possible ?!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

@Volly

thanks alot, that helped ...

@weaponx

yes!

I want to insert a progress bar into a 'SubItem' in my list-view.

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

You don't have a habit of posting what exactly you have tried so far, have you...

ANyway, logical steps would be - give listview $WS_CLIPSIBLIGS style, get x,y,w,h of subitem relative to the main gui using _GUICtrlListView_GetSubItemRect and ControlGetPos. Then create progress bar using these coords, and set its state to $GUI_ONTOP.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

well.. i didn't give any example cause i haven't tried it yet... this is the first time i've been thinking about it...

-> anyhow, that's the traditional way of doing it ?!

should i like then insert all these new progressbars into an array so that i'll be able to use it next ?!

p.S - it's a download manager... i want to make it look more like e-mule....

This is a tricky one. I was thinking bitmaps could be placed in the cells using the _GUICtrlListView* functions.

I tried creating an imagelist with 100 elements, each being a bitmap representing a progress bar at a certain percentage. I am having difficulty since all of the bitmaps have to have the same dimensions in an imagelist.

Don't forget the easy way out and just show a numeric value 8D

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

@SpookMeister

The Ez-Way is a lame way... already thought about it but it looks a bit unprofessional !!!

I would just cheat and do it like this:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar",";")

GUICreate("listview items",600,200)

$listview = GUICtrlCreateListView ("Progress                             ;Filename",10,10,580,150)
$item1=GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(PercentageToString(100) & ";C:\temp\Mozilla Firefox.exe",$listview)
$item2=GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(PercentageToString(75) & ";C:\temp\Spybot.exe",$listview)
$item3=GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(PercentageToString(50) & ";C:\temp\Adaware.exe",$listview)
$item4=GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(PercentageToString(25) & ";C:\temp\Adobe Reader.exe",$listview)
$item5=GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(PercentageToString(0) & ";C:\temp\Whatever.exe",$listview)

GUISetState()

Do
  $msg = GUIGetMsg ()

Select
      Case $msg = $listview
         MsgBox(0,"listview", "clicked="& GUICtrlGetState($listview),2)
   EndSelect
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

;$percent should be numeric only
Func PercentageToString($percent)
    $char = "|"
    $output = ""
    $length = 20

;100% = 20 characters, 20% = 4 chars, 25% = 5 chars, 50% = 10 chars
    $count = Int(($percent / 100) * $length)

For $X = 1 to $count
        $output &= $char
    Next

Return $output & " " & $percent & "%"
EndFunc

@SpookMeister

The Ez-Way is a lame way... already thought about it but it looks a bit unprofessional !!!

So does 1200 punctuation marks on the end of a sentence. There are many programs that have numerical progess bars and if you do it right it will look just as good as those. worst case you could just have a white background where your progress bar is and have it look like its in a list view.

@Mast3rpyr0

well... i don't mean to have any argue or to annoy u in any way...

-> i'm just looking for some help and idea :)

i've already used pictures + numerical progress and now i want to improve it...

au3 doesn't support collapsing/expending through listview either but yet i've managed to build it myself... i'd rather not use the ez-way out though it's always nice to hear ideas !!!

thanks in advance and sorry if my "!!!" before got u pissed-off.

p.s - english isn't my mother language !

@Mast3rpyr0

well... i don't mean to have any argue or to annoy u in any way...

-> i'm just looking for some help and idea :)

i've already used pictures + numerical progress and now i want to improve it...

au3 doesn't support collapsing/expending through listview either but yet i've managed to build it myself... i'd rather not use the ez-way out though it's always nice to hear ideas !!!

thanks in advance and sorry if my "!!!" before got u pissed-off.

p.s - english isn't my mother language !

:) its fine but i really hate it when i see something like: OMFG HELP I NEED HELP WHAT DO I DO !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?????!!!??!?!?!11

lol

are you sure you dont like the ez-way out... (looks at Armand's Sig)

"Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!" :)

Does anyone have a suggestion ?!

i've done making the 'collapsing/expending' code on a list view [since we can't implement it in au3].

how about a progress bar - possible ?!

Check out this thread by eltorro with later contributions by JohnBailey: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44132

The demos showed all kinds of cool inplace stuff with listviews, including progress bar.

Unfortunately, you'll have some code updating to do since the _GuiListView & other functions haven't been updated to reflect the new naming conventions in AutoIt v3.2.10.0

how old is this version bahhh....

anyhow here is a copy of it - working, but kinda bugged... [the conversion's fault i guess]

Thanks a lot, i was in a need of some DEMO to work with, it seems just like what i was needing just that it doesn't look that pretty while scrolling, i'll work something out :)

THANKS ALOT TO ALL WHOM HAVE HELPED !!!!