Jardenix Music Player

JustinReno

After long hours of staying up til' midnight coding and troubleshooting, I've finally finished Jardenix Music Player. The program was supposed to be part of Jardenix Media Suite, but I couldn't wait! :) One note: I didn't concentrate too much on the GUI, but more on the features.

Features:

1. Small and standalone, no need for a bulky installer. (315KB)

2. Supports opening from the command line.

3. Volume, Search, Sound information dialogs.

4. Repeat Sound and Delete Library.

5. Add Sound, Add Folder, Play, Pause, Resume, Stop, Delete sound.

6. Supports a playlist.

7. Supports animated Fade in/out GUI effects.

8. Sound Pos/Length.

ToDo:

1. Put "Don't ask this again" on the ask for default player dialog.

Bugs:

1. Command Line is screwed up. Fixed.

Executable is attached below, script may be released some time tommorow (Right now, I need to go to bed.)

Also, screenshots will be up soon.

Note: When you select a file from explorer to open, the player will add a 1 to to the end of the file name as a marker, and will delete the marker at end. :)

Please give me any idea's to make this better, criticisism. :)

Thanks!

Previous Downloads: 28 42

Edited by JustinReno

Looks nice, here are a few suggestions:

-Make the GUI wider, move the buttons over, and widen the song list.

-Make it so you have some way of accessing the song info.

-Make it so you can save the playlist as a file and open it.

-It was very slow (took 5 seconds for anything to respond!!!) on my computer.

Yes more media players!!! Awesome!!!

It's about time that AMP 3 gets album covers...

I'm going to test this out and let you know what I think in a minute

EDIT: Speaking constructively this really needs a lot of work, maybe a new gui, with a pause/play button instead of resume, bigger listveiw, for some reason every button i press takes two or three seconds to register, I have no clue why this is not open source, if something as good as amp 3 is open source then maybe this should be too.

Good luck pm me when there are updates

Edited by DBak

[center][/center]

WOW Justin, that be some rightious Delay on every command.. Whatup with that? Can't see what is going on without code... Nice functions tho.. I like the chose to make it your default player.. GUI does need work but I see you spent moire time on function...

In my post I said that I'll release the source when I have time, now I have time.

And I also noticed a delay and there was only a Sleep(100) in the loop..

But thanks for the feedback.

And BannaFredSoft: Did you look under the tools menu? It has a dialog for sound information.

After looking at the ini file it may be a delay in working with that cause not many people keep their mp3z in a short place like c:\mp3z, it is some long drawnout folder name and working with all the text may be slowing up a bit. Just a guess..

edit: typo.. :)

Edited by gesller

Good start on what you have now... lots of room for improvement.

• Double click item in the list to play it is buggy... Use GuiRegisterMsg() instead of whatever you're doing
  • Each command takes about 3 seconds on my computer
  • Make volume start on the main GUI, so if the player is off the screen volume doesn't pop up in the middle
  • Add multiple tracks instead of just having a single select option
  • Add folders recursively, like if you click add "My Music" it adds everything in it
  • Trim the .mp3 from the song name, most people don't care about the file type, you could add it to the song info
  • Possibly make the list bigger and make it a listview with different columns
  • The GUI title doesn't show the name because "Jardenix Music Player - Playing " takes up all the space
  • I don't think your using AdlibEnable for your timer, you might want to because if you click a menu item the timer freezes
  • Sound Information shouldn't use inputboxes, just create labels that are sunken
  • Maybe a seek bar somewhere?
  • You can end up with duplicate items
  • Add "Add Sound" and "Add Folder" to a menu, make the Play/Pause symbols like > and || make the list larger
  • Add right click options for each track

Edit: At gesller, I really doubt a string length of +100 characters is going to make any visible difference...

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Looks nice, here are a few suggestions:

-Make the GUI wider, move the buttons over, and widen the song list.

-Make it so you have some way of accessing the song info.

-Make it so you can save the playlist as a file and open it.

-It was very slow (took 5 seconds for anything to respond!!!) on my computer.

First one is done.

Already there.

That would take a big rewrite, unless I find another way.

I think I have fixed it.

Yes more media players!!! Awesome!!!

It's about time that AMP 3 gets album covers...

I'm going to test this out and let you know what I think in a minute

EDIT: Speaking constructively this really needs a lot of work, maybe a new gui, with a pause/play button instead of resume, bigger listveiw, for some reason every button i press takes two or three seconds to register, I have no clue why this is not open source, if something as good as amp 3 is open source then maybe this should be too.

Good luck pm me when there are updates

I like your suggestion with the pause/play button, but I probably won't impliment it for awhile. I got the listview bigger. I think I fixed the delay. I'll release the source soon! :)

Also the ini play list file is a horrible idea because the ini limit, esp. with how many songs I have

I know the INI stuff is a mess, I looked up how to unblock the limit, but it looked confusing for such a small script I have.

Good start on what you have now... lots of room for improvement.

• Double click item in the list to play it is buggy... Use GuiRegisterMsg() instead of whatever you're doing

Each command takes about 3 seconds on my computer

Make volume start on the main GUI, so if the player is off the screen volume doesn't pop up in the middle

Add multiple tracks instead of just having a single select option

Add folders recursively, like if you click add "My Music" it adds everything in it

Trim the .mp3 from the song name, most people don't care about the file type, you could add it to the song infoPossibly make the list bigger and make it a listview with different columns

The GUI title doesn't show the name because "Jardenix Music Player - Playing " takes up all the space

I don't think your using AdlibEnable for your timer, you might want to because if you click a menu item the timer freezes

Sound Information shouldn't use inputboxes, just create labels that are sunken

Maybe a seek bar somewhere?

You can end up with duplicate items

Add "Add Sound" and "Add Folder" to a menu, make the Play/Pause symbols like > and || make the list larger

Add right click options for each trackEdit: At gesller, I really doubt a string length of +100 characters is going to make any visible difference...

Gray Color: Don't understand what you are trying to say, not sure how to do it.

Blue Color: Fixed.

Yellow: Unsure if I should add.

Pink: Not implimented yet, but a good chance it will.

Check first post for update.

Edited by JustinReno

#1 Double click item in the list to play it is buggy... Use GuiRegisterMsg() instead of whatever you're doing

#3 Make volume start on the main GUI, so if the player is off the screen volume doesn't pop up in the middle

#4 Add multiple tracks instead of just having a single select option

#1 Double clicking a song does not seem to work consistently. Some times you have to triple-click for it to start playing the song. Sometimes, when I click randomly on the GUI to make it the active window, it will start playing a song I clicked on my accident.

#3 I mean make the GUI for the volume start at the same screen position as the main GUI is... Something like this:

$pos = WinGetPos('Jardenix Music Player ... ')
GuiCreate('volume', width, height, $pos[0], $pos[1] + 20)

#4 Look at the 4th option for FileOpenDialog. Use that multiselect ability so the user can select multiple files in the FileOpenDialog() instead of only being able to import one item at a time.

Good job on the improvements you made.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I was supposed to update this last night, but I updated it with all of the options PianoMan suggested except number 1. I tried GUIRegisterMsg() with Left Button Double Click, but it didn't work. :)

I'll upload the new executable now.

Anyone else?

Edit:

PianoMan suggested that I put the child windows against the side of the GUI, I did, but you could only use one GUI on a time on account of the GuiGetMsg() loop, I'll try to combine all three GUI loops. :)

Edited by JustinReno

Wait, I just meant that when you click volume, it starts on top of the main GUI.

I had moved the program to the bottom right corner of my screen and when I clicked volume it came up in the middle of my screen. I just meant that it would be nice if it showed up on top of the Jardenix GUI...

Edit: The update is what I meant. Maybe start it over the GUI but that's would just be my opinion, I don't know what other people would want.

Found a problem, or a might be considered problem, if the volume is open then if you click exit on the main GUI it just exits the volume GUI and not the whole program.

Edited by Piano_Man

Yep, looking good Justin.. Volume follows the GUI and fades in and out well. Tow more suggestions:

1. Right click in listview for button commands. Can help if ya want?

2. have the opening check to see if you want it to be your default, maybe have it write to an ini or something on initial opening and check on all other openings of gui and maybe add a command to change it in the menu.

Wait, I just meant that when you click volume, it starts on top of the main GUI.

I had moved the program to the bottom right corner of my screen and when I clicked volume it came up in the middle of my screen. I just meant that it would be nice if it showed up on top of the Jardenix GUI...

Edit: The update is what I meant. Maybe start it over the GUI but that's would just be my opinion, I don't know what other people would want.

Found a problem, or a might be considered problem, if the volume is open then if you click exit on the main GUI it just exits the volume GUI and not the whole program.

1. Oh, sorry. I removed it, it confused me when I tried to put the Volume GUI in the middle of the player when the player was not in its default spot.

3. I'll fix the exit problem.

Yep, looking good Justin.. Volume follows the GUI and fades in and out well. Tow more suggestions:

1. Right click in listview for button commands. Can help if ya want?

2. have the opening check to see if you want it to be your default, maybe have it write to an ini or something on initial opening and check on all other openings of gui and maybe add a command to change it in the menu.

1. That wouldn't really work because I already have the listview in the While 1/WEnd loop with other functions dedicated to playing the song.

2. I'm not sure if I really understand you but, I added the remove default player. And, I fixed the ask for default thing, which causes it not to show up on your computer because you have the registry key already on it. Just click remove under settings and you can see the msg again.