cancel button on progresson

mud409

that's ideologically uncool :) was hoping they'd have some simple method... I was having troubles using the examples provided with autoit123 to work with my script... do you have any examples of a self built progress bar that works with inetget?

and how ironic you of all people respond while I'm rockin out to some poison girls :)

Edited by mud409

This will download Winrar to your desktop, I'm sure you can modify this to work.

#include<GuiConstants.au3>
MudsInet("http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe", @DesktopDir & "\winrar.exe" )
Func MudsInet($downloadurl, $destination = "")
    GuiCreate("MudsDownloader", 300, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR( $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))
    $pgb = GUICtrlCreateProgress( 10, 25, 280, 25 )
    GUICtrlCreateLabel( $downloadurl, 10, 5, 280, 15, $SS_CENTER)
    $cancelbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton( "Cancel", 120, 70, 60, 20 )
    $dlsize = InetGetSize( $downloadurl )
    InetGet( $downloadurl, $destination, 1, 1 )
    GUICtrlCreateLabel( Int(@InetGetBytesRead / 1000) & " Kb / " & Int($dlsize / 1000) & " Kb", 10, 55, 280, 15, $SS_CENTER)
    GUISetState()
    While @InetGetActive
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        If $msg = $cancelbutton Then
            InetGet("abort")
            If FileExists( $destination ) Then FileDelete( $destination )
            Return
        EndIf
        Sleep(10)
        GUICtrlSetData( $pgb, Int((@InetGetBytesRead / $dlsize) * 100))
        GUICtrlCreateLabel( Int(@InetGetBytesRead / 1000) & " Kb / " & Int($dlsize / 1000) & " Kb", 10, 55, 280, 15, $SS_CENTER)
    WEnd
EndFunc

If you like Crass records then you will like a lot of the bands that I have, even though they were not on that label. Maybe you could put together some MP3's (complete albums only please) of your music (I have no hiphop or jungle and wouldn't even know where to start), and I could put together some other punk music for you (All pre 1990, so don't worry, I don't listen to NOFX and the likes). I listen to classic rock, rock, and punk, but not pop punk or the likes.

Classic rock, my favorite bands are:

Procol Harum, Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, Blodwyn Pig, the sensational Alex Harvey band, The Who, UFO, Traffic, Steely Dan, and the Yardbirds (just to name a few)

Punk, I like:

Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Crass (they are also Conflict and Chumbawamba (Yeah, they got bad)), The Melvins, Anything With Jello Biafra, Suicidal Tendencies, Reagan Youth, Oi Polloi, Joy Division, and the Damned (again, just to name a few)

not really into classic rock cept who and floyd.

Conflict is one of the few bands that were on crass records that I didn't like. Chumba was never on the label and no one from crass ever went on to start chumba. (I actually like all chumba, even new) Alice Nutter is way too young to be Eve Libertine...

You're into the loudness. I used to like all that when I was a kid...

Now a days I listen to alot of poison girls, some of the softer crass stuff, all chumba cept tubcrapper, early honey bane, the mob, zounds... Ironically I don't like ramones or clash, dk is okay but biafra gets on my nerves after a while.

for the screamy I like the whole crackrock steady bands, loc, choking victim, etc... not too into the screaming but they've got some damn good lyrics...

Well, I am only 23, so I am still just a kid, which may explain that a bit. LOL at "tubcrapper", I feel the same way, but even they admit that the whored that one song out for money.

You didn't like conflict? bummer, I love those guys. Chumba gets a VERY bad name for that whole album, and so people don't even get a chance to hear 'pictures of staving children', 'nevermind the ballots', and 'SHHH' which are the three albums by them that I really like.

pictures of starving children sell records and nevermind the ballets... In 95 or so I got the oppertunity to go to london and the only thing I was looking foward to was getting a copy of first2 on cd... and as for being a kid, I'm only 25... I'm talking when I actually was a kid, I grew up in a punk community. I started going to punk shows since before I can remember. I guess you can say I just grew out of it.

Edited by mud409

Yeah, I don't get out to many shows anymore. About 3 or 4 years ago, classic rock has entered my life, thanks to a close friend, and I find that it keeps me much calmer and happier than listening to punk all the time. I still love my punk music though, I have just found a new respect for classic rock. I grew up in a community (Sac, California) where I should have been listening to rap/hiphop, but I was listening to suicidal, combat 84, Reagen youth, and DK... It wasn't until I moved to Oregon that I found fellow punkers, with common interests. I felt like I missed out on all the great LA punk shows when I was a kid because I was up in Sacramento, not to mention most were not all ages. You are very fortunate for being able to go to those shows at such a young age. I wish there were more 'all ages' venues for kids to go to and hear a good message.

Did you ever get your 'first2' album?