png to ico

netegg

I know there is a program to work vrey good called png2ico.exe. But I don't know what it is made by, now somebody would like to tell me how the autoit do the same work or how to combine the file to au3 for performing the same work in a just one au3 file.

You could build a GUI that has a button you click, labelled "Browse for PNG" or something like that. Then in your infinite loop you have a way to capture a click of that button. When the button is clicked, FileOpenDialog is called so you Browse for a png. Then there is a way to make various sizes of the image, you can find that on the AutoIt forums. Finally you would use the AutoIt function RunWait or ShellExecute to run png2ico.exe with the right parameters to create the icon.

Another way to go is to may a shell extension, and this way, no GUI would be necessary.

What you are trying to make, I think, is sometimes called a "wrapper" for png2ico.exe.

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

You could build a GUI that has a button you click, labelled "Browse for PNG" or something like that. Then in your infinite loop you have a way to capture a click of that button. When the button is clicked, FileOpenDialog is called so you Browse for a png. Then there is a way to make various sizes of the image, you can find that on the AutoIt forums. Finally you would use the AutoIt function RunWait or ShellExecute to run png2ico.exe with the right parameters to create the icon.

Another way to go is to may a shell extension, and this way, no GUI would be necessary.

What you are trying to make, I think, is sometimes called a "wrapper" for png2ico.exe.

Thanks for advise. Maybe i express it unclearly, I don't want to use PNG2ICO.exe outside the program which I have compiled.

As result, the program is only one file, NO any other parts outside it.

You can combine png2ico.exe with your script during the process of compiling the script using the AutoIt function called FileInstall. But you cannot then execute png2ico.exe and you can make no use of it whatever until it has been extracted programmatically from the compiled script to a known folder.

Study the Help file under:

AutoIt > Function Reference > File, Directory and Disk Management > FileInstall

You can combine png2ico.exe with your script during the process of compiling the script using the AutoIt function called FileInstall. But you cannot then execute png2ico.exe and you can make no use of it whatever until it has been extracted programmatically from the compiled script to a known folder.

Study the Help file under:

AutoIt > Function Reference > File, Directory and Disk Management > FileInstall

Thanks, but the information i got from the help about FileInstall is how to release the file from the scipt but not how to compile into the the script.

Edited by netegg

It does both, nettegg, it does both - amazingly. I've been using FileInstall successfully for years. Give it a go if you like AutoIt.

Could you make use of a version of the help file in your best language? It has recently become available in some other languages, maybe Chinese.

Edited by Squirrely1