IE Form problem; form and submit element have no name

murdock

Im making a pretty simple automation for Facebook, but I ran into a problem with a Submit button in a form.

The relevant html:

<form action="process_pillaging_results.php" method="post">

<input type="submit" value="Attack!" />

I was hoping there was a way to use an _IE function to submit this. I couldnt figure it out when I looked through the Help index. Im about to experiment a bit with _IELinkGetCollection(), but I dont have to much hope for this.

Any ideas?

Edited by murdock

Im pretty sure its something like _IEFormSubmit($oIE,-1) when there is no form to attach to.

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

That gives me an error:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (1154) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

$o_col = $o_object.document.forms.item ($s_Name)

$o_col = $o_object.document.forms.item ($s_Name)^ ERROR

->AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

Im thinking it would be easier to just use _IENavigate()

Im gonna look up what gets passed when you submit a form, and just try to duplicate it.

Any other ideas? Or if anyone knows what gets passed when you submit a form that would help me google less, lol.

Dan:

That seems to submit something, which moves the link along and keeps the script going.

However, it does not go to the correct page, so its not submitting the same as if I had clicked the actual button.

The FormSubmit actually did the same thing as an _IENavigate to the next page (ie. http://example.com/next.php) when it needs something like... http://example.com/next.php?submit=ATTACK

I dont know all the data it requests though, so I am unable to finish the link by hand =[

Is it possible to just recreate the form, give names to the form and submit button, and then send that new form?

I would approach it like this:

$sSource = _INetGetSource($oIE)

$sLoc = StringInStr($sSource, "method=\"post\" ")

_StringInsert($sSource, "name = \"submit\" ", $sLoc)

Hope Im still on the right track :x

Edit: The escape characters dont work, wtf?

Edited by murdock

I would love to click the submit button... the whole problem is that I cant click it through _IEAction() unless Im missing something? I pasted the html of the form and submit button so if you could show me how to do it Id love that T.T

Im about to experiment a bit with _IELinkGetCollection(), but I dont have to much hope for this.

Why is it you have little hope for that? It is the suggested way to get references to objects without ID or NAMEs.

If it is the first form on the page and the submit button is the first element in the form:

$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)
$oSubmit = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 0)
_IEAction($oSubmit, "click")

If this doesn't work for you, check to insure your document elements are not inside Frames or iFrames (see _IEFrame* functions) and post your code, description of what happens and messages from the SciTe console.

Dale

Edit: typo

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble