WAN IP Address

GWDoes anyone know a method to pull a WAN IP address from say a LinkSys router without having to go to a website or pull up the routers web interface? I'm in need of a method to find the external IP address, not the internal of the home network. Any ideas would be appreciated.

GW

• Developers

#include <Inet.au3>
$PublicIP = _GetIP()
MsgBox(0, "IP Address", "Your IP Address is: " & $PublicIP)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I haven't played with the command yet but I believe that you would get the IP assigned to the PC by the router, not the router's IP.

I'm not sure how Autoit could pull the public IP of the router but I know you can go to whatismyip.com to get the IP assigned by your ISP. Perhaps you can get a script to read that site?

#include <Inet.au3>
$PublicIP = _GetIP()

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

Dude! I love you! Well, not really but a great "THANK YOU". I've got to learn more about the Inet.au3 library.

Thanks again,

GW

#include <Inet.au3>
$PublicIP = _GetIP()
Edited by GreatWest

Exactly, and the routine did pull the IP of the router assigned by Verizon, which is exactly what I'm needing. The simple routine posted works like a champ!

GW

He said he wanted to get the IP address without going to a website. The internal workings (as the last time I saw them) of that function are to check an external website.

Glad it worked for ya. I don't have access to the helpfile as I'm working atm. I'm glad that there is that functionality now in Autoit. Will be useful in the future.

Exactly, and the routine did pull the IP of the router assigned by Verizon, which is exactly what I'm needing. The simple routine posted works like a champ!

GW

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

• Developers

Glad it worked for ya. I don't have access to the helpfile as I'm working atm. I'm glad that there is that functionality now in Autoit. Will be useful in the future.

Its available since: UDF v1.03 (6 February 2005)

Sometimes theres more available than you realize ... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

uh? Interesting. I never have gone thru all the custom scripts so I'm in the dark about them. I'll have to look it up and see how it works then.

Thanks for the info.

Its available since: UDF v1.03 (6 February 2005)

Sometimes theres more available than you realize ... :)