What domain comps is a user logged on to?

stev379

Does anyone have an AutoIT script that will check what machines in a domain a user is currently logged on to?

I have an old slow VB script that does it, but it checks each process on each pingable PC to see if a user is running any processes. Even when the domain\OU has less than 2000 PC's, it can take hours to complete and isn't really accurate.

If nobody has a pre-written script, any suggestions to point me the correct direction are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If nobody has a pre-written script, any suggestions to point me the correct direction are greatly appreciated.

Either use PsLoggedOn or implement logon/logoff

scripts for all users and write a central log whenever a user logs into a computer and also when he logs out.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

There may be a way to get the information if you have SMS installed in your environment (or if you can install it on your own pc)

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

You might also consider looking at this Microsoft tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetma...ilitySpotlight/

"While the main purpose of LimitLogin is to enforce concurrent login quotas, it can also be used purely as a login data capture solution that lets you manage your Active Directory environment more effectively"

Edited by SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Personally though, I would rather do this via some login script logging... much easier to implement assuming you are a domain admin

Will the windows Net.exe command do this? It has a host of useful things you can do/see with it

However, as some already posted, this is a really handy thing to have run when a user logs in...of course you then have to look at the logs...how you name them is important. We have a few different log files that we save as .ini files (hold over from sms installer).

Records login names (novell and windows), login time, IP address, mac address, versions of different software, and a host of other things. Also, copies are made into other directories if login times are too slow, specific rogue applications are detected, etc.

It sounds like you are leaning towards something more realtime. On thing though, you could write a script to search the log files for that user name and it could compile the information based on user name. From there, you could display it however you want.

Be open minded but not gullible.A hammer sees everything as a nail ... so don't be A tool ... be many tools.