[resolved] string regex

The subject says it all. I'm a noob and I need to place a 12 to 16 character number, which will be mixed in with text and other crap on the clipboard, into a variable to use with the rest of my macro. Any assistance much appreciated. I'm a kinetic learner so an example code snippet would be my favorite :-) Thanks!

Edited by anystupidassname

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

#include <Array.au3>

$sText = "asldkjfsadf1234567890101213dsflkjsdfsdf2!"
$aResult = StringRegExp($sText, "\d{12,16}", 1)
If IsArray($aResult) Then
    _ArrayDisplay($aResult)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "No 12-16 digits found!")
EndIf

Obviously you'll need to use ClipGet to get the clipboard text.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Hi,

or did you mean getting a 12 chars long value from a text?

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

#include <Array.au3>

_ArrayDisplay($aResult)
Else
EndIf

Thank you! I think this will work for me. I'll know tomorrow when I have more time to work on it.

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

#include <Array.au3>

_ArrayDisplay($aResult)
Else
EndIf

OK, I suspect my problem is now just a Regex issue. No matter what I've tried, it just goes to the Else msgbox.

This is a sample of what needs to be parsed:

Document ID: 2007082915561148   Title: 'blah'
Web URL: http://piss.off.lou  FOD # <Not Available>

All I need is the long number but it won't always be in the same place and the long number could very easily be present more than once too.

This code works for me:

#include <Array.au3>

$sText = ClipGet()
    _ArrayDisplay($aResult)
Else
EndIf

I simply highlighted and your sample, pressed CTRL-C, then ran the script

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

This works too:

#include <Array.au3>

$sText = "Document ID: 2007082915561148   Title: 'blah'" & @CRLF _
&"Web URL: http://piss.off.lou  FOD # <Not Available>"
    _ArrayDisplay($aResult)
Else
EndIf

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

OK, thanks. You guys rule. The whole array thing got me confused. I had to convert the array to a string with _ArrayToString.

#include <Array.au3>

$2 = StringReplace($1," ","")
$3 = StringReplace($2,"-","")
$4 = StringRegExp($3, "\d{12,16}", 1)
$5 = _ArrayToString($4)
msgbox(48,"",$5)