Pause until time of day

dickep

OK, I have an AutoIt app that does things. I want it to run every 5 minutes - that will include anything it does so as not to take up "extra" time.

I have tried a couple of things but cannot figure out how to add 300 seconds to _Now and then make a loop until that time happens.

Thanks in advance.

E

You can place a sleep in the loop statement. For the trigger you need to be careful using the _NOW func because depending on when you start your script it could past the time you were checking for. Say you wanted the script to end a 5:00PM you could just use the @HOUR macro to check and exit on that. Many things you can do.

You can place a sleep in the loop statement. For the trigger you need to be careful using the _NOW func because depending on when you start your script it could past the time you were checking for. Say you wanted the script to end a 5:00PM you could just use the @HOUR macro to check and exit on that. Many things you can do.

So one could NOT use a condition that if the "now time" is less than "trigger time", stop the looping?

I tried using _DateAdd("s", 40, _Now()) and could not then display the result. Maybe something amiss here??

Thanks

E

So one could NOT use a condition that if the "now time" is less than "trigger time", stop the looping?

I tried using _DateAdd("s", 40, _Now()) and could not then display the result. Maybe something amiss here??

Thanks

E

You could use the logic, and it should work.

Can you post your script so we can see where the script may have an issue?

$mWaitMsg = "Waiting.."
$tTriggerTime = 30
$tNewTime = _DateAdd("s", $tTriggerTime, _Now())
while _NowCalc() <= $tNewTime
                $mWaitMsg = $mWaitMsg & "."
    msgbox(0,"Pause..", $mWaitMsg, 1)
WEnd

MsgBox(0,"","Ended in 30 seconds"

Here is my snippet - hope it makes sense. I tried this and it does not seem to work -just, as with the energizer bunny, "just keeps on going and going and going......

Thanks

E