trouble reading ini values?

gcue

hello.

trying to figure out what i have wrong here:

$L1ips = IniReadSection("eh.ini", "Location1_IPs")
If @error Then 
    MsgBox(4096, "", "Error occurred, probably no INI file.")
Else
    For $i = 1 To $L1ips[0][0]

Ping($L1ips[$i][1])

If @error Then
     $status=OFFLINE
    EndIf

If Not @error Then
     $status=ONLINE
    EndIf

FileWrite($file, '' &@CRLF & _
                 $L1ips[$i][0] & "," & $status)  

Next
EndIf

As we are not being told what you want it to do, nor what you are experiencing in the way of errors/incorrect results, nor are you giving us any sample data to work with....

well, its hard to say. But as a basic idea for troubleshooting, take a step by step approach. First see if you are getting the expected data from the inireadsection (stick an _ArrayDisplay($Llips) in there)(you will need to put #include <Array.au3> at the top of the script first)

then do some consolewrite() or msgbox() commands to check your data as you go through your loops

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]