open log file?

I've searched this forum and I'm sure I'm missing it, but I'm looking for some code to jump start me in creating something that will open a log file (newest modified date) and scan for the word 'failed' or 'success' and be able to send an email depending on what it finds. I just need some examples to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any insight, code, or ideas!

I've searched this forum and I'm sure I'm missing it, but I'm looking for some code to jump start me in creating something that will open a log file (newest modified date) and scan for the word 'failed' or 'success' and be able to send an email depending on what it finds. I just need some examples to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any insight, code, or ideas!

eh, what practical use does this have?

unfortunately i dont have my other HDD so i cant post my hyper ultimate search script, so bear with this....help file sample ^^

$file = FileOpen("test.txt", 0)

; Check if file opened for reading OK
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf

; Read in lines of text until the EOF is reached
While 1
    $line = FileReadLine($file)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
   if StringInStr($line,'failed') Then MsgBox(4096, "Test", "found failed")

Wend

FileClose($file)
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]