Working with ControlTreeView

Hi! Can anyone help me with ControlTreeView?

All I want is to position on "System Tools -> Local Users and Groups" in compmgmt.msc (Computer Management).

Here is my code:

run ("cmd /c compmgmt.msc", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)
WinWaitActive("Computer Management")
ControlTreeView ("Computer Management", "Computer Management (Local)", 12785, "Select", "Heading2|H1SubItem1")

Computer Management snapin opens successfully but after that nothing happens. The upper node Computer Management (Local) remains selected. What's wrong with my code? How to select "System Tools -> Local Users and Groups"?

Thanks in advance,

Yuri.

post-32239-1203345954_thumb.jpg

ControlTreeView ("Computer Management", "", 12785, "Select", ""Computer Management (Local)|System Tools|Local Users and Groups"")
Thank you, Zedna. Actually, it's not working. Any suggestions?

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

Line 5 (File "compmgmt.au3"):

ControlTreeView ("Computer Management", "", 12785, "Select", ""Computer Management (Local)|System Tools|Local Users and Groups"")

ControlTreeView ("Computer Management", "", 12785, "Select", ""Computer Management (Local)^ ERROR

Error: Unable to parse line.

OK

Yes, I got it. The final variant is

ControlTreeView ("Computer Management", "", 12785, "Select", "Computer Management (Local)|System Tools|Local Users and Groups")

There were accidental quotes in your example. But you pushed me in the right direction.

Thank you very much, Zedna! I really appreciated your help!

• 1 month later...

hi can somebody help me out i allmust want teh same but now not the local users and groups but the device manager and then expend the network divices can somebody help me with this,,

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'devmgmt.msc', "", @SW_HIDE)

winwait("Apparaatbeheer")

ControlTreeView("Apparaatbeheer", "", "", "Expand", "Netwerkadapters")

If @error = 1 Then MsgBox(1, "", "Error")

can somebody tell me why this dont work this code fits the devicemanager and then its selecting the networking devices but with the 2th controltreeview command it should select the first network device that below netwerkadapters.. but the problem is that dont work....

#RequireAdmin

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'devmgmt.msc', "", @SW_HIDE)

winwait("Apparaatbeheer")

Sleep(1500)

ControlTreeView("Apparaatbeheer", "", "[Class:SysTreeView32; Instance:1]", "Expand", @ComputerName & "|Netwerkadapters")

Sleep(500)

ControlTreeView("Apparaatbeheer", "", "[Class:SysTreeView32; Instance:1]", "Select", @ComputerName & "|Netwerkadapters|#1")

Send("{ENTER}")

Edited by yucatan