SystemSafe

Delta

SystemSafe.

What is SystemSafe? SystemSafe is a way of keeping people, who have little to no sense of how to use a computer, off your computer without messing around with users and passwords. Once again this will only protect from people who have little computer knowledge such as young children.

Source.

I will be releasing the source shortly.

ScreenShots (Clickable Thumbnails)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Download

SystemSafe 1.1 Installer - Filefront mirror

Quoted from the Readme.

SystemSafe

Contents

* Introduction

* Features

* How-To/What-To-Do

Introduction

SystemSafe is a small piece of software used to keep unwanted person(s) from using your computer. This applies mostly to members of a home such as children or roommates who have little experience with computers and tend to screw something up. SystemSafe uses two methods to prevent person(s)from using your computer. The first method is a USB flash drive containing a SystemSafe system key. The second is remote administration via a web interface.

Features

*Total system lockout

When the system is locked even if the computer is forceably restarted it stays locked.

*Total system lockout with a system key.

A SystemSafe system key is generated onto a USB flash drive. If the USB flash drive containing the key is disconnected from the computer total system lock-out occurs until the drive is reconnected.

*Remote administration.

While SystemSafe is running a SystemSafe administration server will also be running. The server can be accessed with a web browser by typing in the computers ip address and port 5000 in the address bar.(eg. 127.0.0.1:5000) The purpose of the server is to allow admins (most likely parents) to give the key to another person (most likely a child) while they are not at home. They can monitor what that person is doing from another computer and lock/unlock/shutdown the computer.

*Remote administration override

This feature is best explained in a scenario. Lets say your at work and you lock the computer but forget to unlock it before you leave. Rather then running to your neighbors house, logging in, unlocking the system, and running home you can just press F5 and type in the admin password then press ENTER. This will unlock the system.

How-To/What-to-do

Steps:

1) Run the installer.

2) Set your remote admin password (Right click on the system tray icon and click on “change password”. The old password is password.)

What to do if there is a bug and you get locked out!

- Restart system in safemode.

- Uninstall SystemSafe.

- Report bug here.

Edited by Deltaforce229

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]

:)READ THIS POST! :)

If you do not have a drive put in...or USB drive...it assigns it to A: which is my floppy drive...which had nothing in it...so it locked me out. And I dont have a key...But luckly I didnt trust you...and I enabled Norton SafeTry (A program to try new programs...and if you dont like them...or if there a virus...reject them at startup/going back to before) It worked great. I will Not try this program again, nor do I think anyone else should. Please take this post serious, and fix this problem in your program. My first impression. It Sucks. You should allow user not to have a drive...or this will happen...and there computer will be gone. Please enforce this in your first post in red. "If you do not have a drive plugged in at the end of setup, this will be considered 'malware', because it can lock you out for good" _<--That would be nice. Your really lucky I had SafeTry on, or this would actually be considered malicous.

This Program Is Malicous If You Do Not Follow The Steps Indecated Above! Please Be Aware This Can Cause Eternal System Lockout!

Be Extremely careful when using this program, as it could 'turn on you'.

-Take It Serious. ---Swift :)

If You Run The Installer

It will ask you to insert a drive to put the key on

If You dont...It will lock you out...right then.

Then you cannot reboot/shutdown.

If You manage to reboot/shutdown when your desktop shows...you will be locked.

Even Safemode will not stop this program

So Dont try it until there is a new version.

I was a victim. Luckily I had a very good 'goback' software to delete everything before you installed it

Hope: this helped you..

Edited by Swift

I hope no one takes this personally the results swift had were unintentional. I've removed the download until I can get every little thing fixed. I'm planning on spending a few more days testing and retesting on different computers until I get it right. I will also hopefully have the source ready and exploit/bug/stupid stuff free too.

My humblest apologizes swift.

I hope no one takes this personally the results swift had were unintentional. I've removed the download until I can get every little thing fixed. I'm planning on spending a few more days testing and retesting on different computers until I get it right. I will also hopefully have the source ready and exploit/bug/stupid stuff free too.

My humblest apologizes swift.

Its much alright. Right now...im just praising Norton.

This was unintentional. But...you know me...I like finding bugs...so I didnt insert a drive...and really dont have one at the moment...but...You scared me...(hmm...I know what it feels like to be a beta tester now O.o) :) Thanks for taking my post seriously, and removing the download/fixing it up...Could you PM me the source? I might be able to help you in fixing some bugs/bug testing.

:)READ THIS POST! :)

If you do not have a drive put in...or USB drive...it assigns it to A: which is my floppy drive...which had nothing in it...so it locked me out. And I dont have a key...But luckly I didnt trust you...and I enabled Norton SafeTry (A program to try new programs...and if you dont like them...or if there a virus...reject them at startup/going back to before) It worked great. I will Not try this program again, nor do I think anyone else should. Please take this post serious, and fix this problem in your program. My first impression. It Sucks. You should allow user not to have a drive...or this will happen...and there computer will be gone. Please enforce this in your first post in red. "If you do not have a drive plugged in at the end of setup, this will be considered 'malware', because it can lock you out for good" _<--That would be nice. Your really lucky I had SafeTry on, or this would actually be considered malicous.

This Program Is Malicous If You Do Not Follow The Steps Indecated Above! Please Be Aware This Can Cause Eternal System Lockout!

Be Extremely careful when using this program, as it could 'turn on you'.

-Take It Serious. ---Swift :)

If You Run The Installer

It will ask you to insert a drive to put the key on

If You dont...It will lock you out...right then.

Then you cannot reboot/shutdown.

If You manage to reboot/shutdown when your desktop shows...you will be locked.

Even Safemode will not stop this program

So Dont try it until there is a new version.

I was a victim. Luckily I had a very good 'goback' software to delete everything before you installed it

Hope: this helped you..

Talk about a dramaqueen :D Jk

Its not a malicious program, its a bug in a program. :D

There is a plethora of things wrong with that sentence.

Too true.

Is this project dead??? I has a lot of potential.

All you have to do is make a password to disable it on the screen that says that you got locked out. That will solve the whole problem. Just have them set the password when they are installing it.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

@draygoes - No not dead. I've had some pc problems recently and reformatted I'll have a new release soon.

@JustinReno - less than a second.

Edit: Check first post.

Edited by Deltaforce229

• 11 months later...

Due to a few major bugs including a security bug I removed the downloads and I never got around to fixing them. As for the source It's possible that I might have it on one of my old hard drives. However I'm currently working on a new project that could do ruffly the same thing with a user created modules. I.E. Users can create their own modules to lock their systems remotely.