AU3 and Anti-Virus company registration ?!

Armand

well.... after i've already read and asked alot about why is my AU3 Application being tracked as a Virus/Worm Autoit i would like to know if you know of any successful way to let the AV companies know that AU3 is not a Virus and that my application is not a virus just because it's written in AU3 !!!

I'd really really like to know if theres any example reference of how should i contact the AV companies and register my product in their data-bases so that it won't be spotted as a Virus !!!

Please help me.

P.S - i need real examples not ideas... i've already understood the idea... if not an example then at least the 'Specific Form' of building my apply.

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

@MHz

so do u have any other idea ?! / how should i contact them ?!

@BigDod

yes i have but if someone could've provide me with his copy of the application it'll be for the best since english is not my mother tongue.

->P.S - i can't send them my source is that such of a drawback ?!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• 2 weeks later...

oky... and what confidentiality do i have that they won't use my source for anything ?!

oky... and what confidentiality do i have that they won't use my source for anything ?!

Essentially, none, unless you have the resources to fight about it in a court of law.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

@MHz

so do u have any other idea ?! / how should i contact them ?!

See the email address in my last post?

virus@avast.com

Other AVs can be contacted with the links given in Big DODs link to the sticky post in this forum.

You do not need to send your source code! There is no specification that states that source code is needed yet alone if they can understand the language of the source. Send them a link to the binary and they will check it.

Example email I have sent to Avast in the past to clear a false positive.

Hi,

I am the author of a program known as CMenu. CMenu is currently being identified by Avast as being as Win32:AutoIt-V[Trj]. CMenu 2.6 was compiled about 1 year ago using the AutoIt language version 3.2.0.1 and it is not a Virus nor a Trojan. It is a handy context menu helper and I share it for instance at MSFN and AutoIt forums. It can be downloaded from here (1,502 KB).

The Avast VPS file is 000778-1 dated 02/10/2007.

I would appreciate if CMenu is cleared of being a false positive detection from Avast.

Thankyou,

Michael Heath

The file was cleared in the new definitions downloaded after the email was sent.

I think you should change your AV company ...

A suggestion : use NOD32 (it's the best one i know) - it doesn't find autoit as a virus (i tell you from my experience :))

(srry for the publicity ... but it is only a suggestion)

@MHz

Thanks alot for shading some light on the issue !!!!!!!!

-> i will do as u said!

@LIMITER

my issue is not that AU3 is being detected by my AV... it's other's AVs that bother me!!

THANKS A LOT FOR ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO HELP !!!!