New and wanting some pretty big help

Jsung

I just signed up because i want to get good at Scripting. I worked with a guy called Tay on a few programs but he scripted (in VB) and i did all the Graphics and after a while i decided that i want to do some scripting of my own. I already had a small start on Au3 so i figured, meh why not au3.

So far i can make a message box (not with timers) and i basically know the different flags to use; i can also make a little auto installer that just uses things like;

winwaitactive ( "title", "text contents")

send ("!y")

and things like that which i learned off the autoit help. But i want to actually do cool things. Can someone point me in the right direction? maybe a few links as well?

thanks in advance.

First and foremost, Welcome to the forums! :)

Now, as to your question, a good place to get started is here:

Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3

If you have a specific thing task you want to do, try it yourself, if you can't get it, read and re-read the Autoit Helpfile ( here ) and try some more, if you STILL can't get it, look through these forums by using the Search function ( here ) to see if you question has been asked and answered before. If, after trying all this, you still can't figure out what to do, make a thread in the proper forum with a title that is pertinent to you question (ie. don't call your thread "N00B n33Dz H4lp Plz!@!!!!!11" ) and in this thread, post what you want to accomplish, what you have tried, the results of your trials, and any other relevant information you can include.

Doing these things helps us help you, and as a result, we are able to give you much better help.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Paulie

heh thanks for the fast reply... or should i say h3h l0l thx 4 da f45t r3p|y n00bz0r h4x0r o.O

lol but no i try not to sound like such a dick *diverts eyes* ................

Ive been one a few forums before and i learnt that saying noob needs help plz in big leety letters doesnt get the best attraction.

thanks for the welcome btw.