Print Dialog

Hi there,

I need to send a file (image) to a printer, but i need to display print dialog, like this one:

Posted Image

When i use _FilePrint(), or ShellExecute() with "print" verb (wich is the same as _FilePrint() UDF actualy), i get Viewer program opened, and that's it, no print action.

The printer is may be not connected, but when i press Print icon in the SciTE, i see the dialog that on the image above.

The question is: how do i display this dialog for specific image file?

Thanks.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

I think i found solution:

$sPrintFile = "c:\image.png"
Run('Rundll32.exe "' & @SystemDir & '\mshtml.dll",PrintHTML "' & $sPrintFile & '"', @SystemDir)

Can any one please test it? (ho have connected and working printer :)).

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Yes, that worked. It brought up the print dialog for me.

Thanks, but the question is if it really print the image? :)

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

No. You have to state a app, which can handle the filecode for printing.

I meant that after the dialog is open, and you press all needed buttons in it, the prin process is triggered?

Here is version with Shell.Application object (by amel27):

_OpenFilePrint("C:\test.gif")

While 1
   Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _OpenFilePrint ($sFilePath)
    Local $oShellApp = ObjCreate('shell.application')
    Local $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sFilePath, "\\[^\\]+$", "")
    If @extended =0 Then $sPath = @WorkingDir
    Local $oPath = $oShellApp.Namespace ($sPath), $oItem
    For $oItem In $oPath.items
        If $oItem.Path = $sFilePath Then
            ConsoleWrite($oItem.Path &@CRLF)
            $oItem.InvokeVerb('&Print')
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc ; => _OpenFilePrint

The problem here is that the script must remain runing to keep showing this dialog. And also the «&Print» part can be different on other systems.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

"..I meant that after the dialog is open, and you press all needed buttons in it, the prin process is triggered?"

There must be a apps which interprete the code and send it to the printer.

So perhaps the dialog await an option in order to use the print button

"...The problem here is that the script must remain runing to keep showing this dialog. And also the «&Print» part can be different on other systems."

Your code doesn't work for me, because I don't have a defined app for printing .gif.

Perhaps you go the way over the registry or use "find Executable" (I have some scripts for that).

For me it's not really clear what you want to do.

To use the verb "print" would be for me only the last alternative.

Best regards, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

I think i found solution:

$sPrintFile = "c:\image.png"
Run('Rundll32.exe "' & @SystemDir & '\mshtml.dll",PrintHTML "' & $sPrintFile & '"', @SystemDir)

Can any one please test it? (ho have connected and working printer :)).

Yes it works fine, and it's very useful.

If you haven't got a printer then you could get a pdf writer. I tested your code on a pdf writer and direct to a printer just to be sure. I use 'Broadgun pdfmachine' and 'Cutepdf Writer' (Broadgun is better IMO). I need to write programs for printing output and testing uses a lot of paper, but using a pdf writer gets rid of the problem and you can send the output to anyone. But maybe you can't install these external apps because I know you have often wanted to avoid things like that.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You are right, for .png it works. I tryed *.tif and *.gif, that doesn't work.

br, Reinhard

Oh I see, in that case it's not quite so useful, but it's still useful.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

For me it's not really clear what you want to do.

I thought i clarified this in my first post: «The question is: how do i display this dialog for specific image file?»

To use the verb "print" would be for me only the last alternative.

If that's was working, yes then, but it isn't.

Butt thank you anyway for trying to help :).

Yes it works fine, and it's very useful.

Thanks for testing martin.

If you haven't got a printer then you could get a pdf writer. I tested your code on a pdf writer and direct to a printer just to be sure. I use 'Broadgun pdfmachine' and 'Cutepdf Writer' (Broadgun is better IMO). I need to write programs for printing output and testing uses a lot of paper, but using a pdf writer gets rid of the problem and you can send the output to anyone. But maybe you can't install these external apps because I know you have often wanted to avoid things like that.

Thanks for the tip, and for the fact that you are remembered that i have an issue about external apps ;)

But in this case i can install, as long as this is for testing, it's ok :D

I am currently trying to find a way to show such dialog using API calls (via «PrintDlg» in comdlg32.dll), if i will get lucky, i will post here my results.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Is it possible print a PDF file? Not an image.

EDIT: I found "start acrord32.exe /p"&$filename

Edited by Fabry
A lan chat (Multilanguage)LanMuleFile transferTank gameTank 2 an online game[center]L'esperienza è il nome che tutti danno ai propri errori.Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.Oscar Wilde[/center]