Graphical Folder Selector Macro Problem

Blake

Ive been making a macro and have stumbled upon this graphical folder selector. This selects the folder that an output file is going to be saved to. I'm going to need to save files in different directories (all of the directories are in 1 folder). How do I automate the folder selection. Is there any way I can send a path to the folder selector? (The path for each instance is assigned to a string)

• Developers

How do I automate the folder selection. Is there any way I can send a path to the folder selector? (The path for each instance is assigned to a string)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean the autoit folder selection with:

FileSelectFolder ( "dialog text", "root dir" [, flag] )
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

woops that wasn't it. this is a folder selector in another program. i need to select a folder assigned to a variable in my macro. How would i do that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

find out the controlname of the control you want to change in this window. you can use AU3_spy for that.

Then use Control commands to put the value in there...

check the Helpfile for detailed info on controls. :idiot:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I've tried different things that haven't worked and have searched and searched the help file but haven't seen anything on this (maybe ive looked at it and missed it).

I assume that autoit cannot alter the selected folder through the text box displaying the selected folder because it's merely displaying the value of a variable that the folder browser has set. Am i wrong?

The folder browser's "Hidden Window Text" is the path of the folder that's selected. Is there any way i can get autoit to change that value to the desired folder?

If the Browse for Folder Dialogue works anything like windows explorer, it seems that you could use a mix of {UP}'s and {DOWN}'s (or a unique first few letters) and {RIGHTS} to reliably browse to where you want to go. Hard to say without using it....

Ugly, I know, but has worked for me in the past.