MouseOnEvent UDF!

MrCreatoR

Hmmm, another interesting problem with the newest version. Unsetting the event kills the array. Maybe make a local copy of the array in the handler function somewhere? That could suck for performance though.

$iExit = False
_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "_CrashMe")

Do
    Sleep(1000)
Until $iExit
Exit

Func _CrashMe()
    _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT)
    $iExit = True
EndFunc

I really think it's better if you just give the users a little responsibility, and go back to the version without the timers.

Edited by wraithdu

another interesting problem with the newest version. Unsetting the event kills the array. Maybe make a local copy of the array in the handler function somewhere?

No need to, i can just chek the array dimensions:

If Number($__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[0][0]) >= $i Then
                If $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][5] = -1 Then Return $iRet
                Return $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][5] ;Block default processing (or not :))
            EndIf

:)

I really think it's better if you just give the users a little responsibility, and go back to the version without the timers.

But i want to let the users have that ability, to unset the event every time they want, even if the event will be unset only after the function is return. But yes, in any case i should put a small note about this issue, so users will know that unsetting last event in callback function is impossible, so it's not a good idea.

P.S

Or i have another idea/question - what if i just leave the callback always set? then i will not have to unset it every time, and all those issues are gone :) - but the main question here is this a proper way to handle callbacks, is this will make the app that uses it to use more system resources?

Edited by MrCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Only problem with just checking the array bounds is the user's preference for $iBlockDefProc is now lost. Maybe better is to save the value of [$i][5] to a variable before the Call() to the function, so even if the event is unset in the function, the desired $iBlockDefProc is saved.

I'm like you though. Even though leaving the callback set until app exit is probably OK and its impact on performance is probably negligible, I don't like wasting resources on any level.

Also this needs to be changed as follows:

If $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[0][0] < 1 Then
    If $__MouseSetOnEvent_iEventReturn = 1 Then
        OnAutoItExit()
    Else
        $__MouseSetOnEvent_iTimer = _Timer_SetTimer(0, 10, "__MouseSetOnEvent_WaitHookReturn")
    EndIf
EndIf

Otherwise OnAutoItExit() was called everytime an event was unset, even if it wasn't the last one.

wraithdu

Ok, updated in new version 1.7. If there will be more bugs, then i really set the callback globaly :).

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The $MOUSE_WHEELDBLCLK_EVENT doesn't work. I was trying to find out how to hook it and came upon your example. I did a bit more research and came up with this. It says that wParam cannot be $MOUSE_WHEELDBLCLK_EVENT. Is there any way to detect this event or do I have to use $MOUSE_WHEELDOWN_EVENT and a timer?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey MrCreator,

First of all: You're doing a great job! Anyway, I am encountering a really nasty bug. I could already reproduce it on several computers with different operating systems. Okey, let me explain: I am using your UDF for capturing Mousewheel events in my script. Best thing would be if you just try it out yourself:

#include <MouseSetOnEvent_UDF.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
_Singleton(@ScriptName)
HotKeySet("{ESC}","_kill")
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}","_toogle")

$aDll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
$aWin = @ScriptName
$aVal = 15
$go = True

While $go
    ;Setzt den Fenster-Handle neu, falls ein neues Fenster aktiv ist.
    If $aWin <> WinGetTitle("") Then
        $aWin = WinGetTitle("")
    EndIf

;Solange Strg gedrückt ist, werden die Events zugeordnet
    While _IsPressed(11, $aDll)
        ToolTip(WinGetTrans($aWin)) ; Zeigt die Transparenz des aktuellen Fensters
        _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT, "_trans", "up", "")
        _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT, "_trans", "down", "")
        If WinGetTrans($aWin) = -1 Then
            WinSetTrans($aWin,"",255)
        EndIf
        If _IsPressed(04, $aDll) Then
            ToolTip("") ;Entfernt Tool- und Traytip (sonst gibts hässliche schwarze Ränder)
            TrayTip("","",0)
            _RestoreTrans()
        EndIf
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    ;Wenn Strg nicht gedrückt, dann hebe die zuordnungen für die Mausrad events auf.
    _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT, "")
    _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT, "")
    ToolTip("")
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Func _trans($wDir)
    If _IsPressed(11, $aDll) Then
        Switch $wDir
            Case "up"
                If _IsPressed(10, $aDll) Then ; Wenn Shift gedrückt gehalten wird, ändere nur die Transparenzschritte
                    $aVal += 5
                    If $aVal > 255 Then $aVal = 255
                    TrayTip($aVal,"Transparenzschritte",1)
                Else ; Ansonsten ändere die Transparenz selbst.
                    $aTrans = WinGetTrans($aWin)
                    If ($aTrans + $aVal) > 255 OR $aTrans = -1 Then
                        $aTrans = 255
                    Else
                        $aTrans += $aVal
                    EndIf
                    WinSetTrans($aWin,"",$aTrans)
                EndIf
            Case "down"
                If _IsPressed(10, $aDll) Then ; Wenn Shift gedrückt gehalten wird, ändere nur die Transparenzschritte
                    $aVal -= 5
                    If $aVal < 0 Then $aVal = 0
                    TrayTip($aVal,"Transparenzschritte",1)
                Else ; Ansonsten ändere die Transparenz selbst.
                    $aTrans = WinGetTrans($aWin)
                    If ($aTrans - $aVal) < 0 Then
                        $aTrans = 0
                    Else
                        $aTrans -= $aVal
                    EndIf
                    WinSetTrans($aWin,"",$aTrans)
                EndIf
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func WinGetTrans($sTitle, $sText = "")
    ;Author:  Valik  (Autoitscript.com)
    Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle($sTitle, $sText)
    If Not $hWnd Then Return -1
    Local $val = DllStructCreate("int")
    Local $aRet = DllCall($aDll, "int", "GetLayeredWindowAttributes", "hwnd", $hWnd, "ulong_ptr", 0, "int_ptr", DllStructGetPtr($val), "ulong_ptr", 0)
    If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then Return -1
    Return DllStructGetData($val, 1)
EndFunc

Func _kill()
    _RestoreTrans()
    DllClose($aDll)
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _toogle()
    If $go Then
        $go = False
        TrayTip("Off - Transparency Tool v2","Press PAUSE again to start",1)
    Else
        $go = True
        TrayTip("On - Transparency Tool v2","Press PAUSE again to stop",1)
    EndIf
    While Not $go
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndFunc

Func _RestoreTrans() ; Setzt die Transparenz für alle Fenster in einer For-Next schleife auf 255.
    ;Hiervon ausgeschlossen sind "Program Manager" (XP) und "Start" (VISTA)
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF&"=========================================="&@CRLF)
    $WinList = WinList()
    For $i = 1 to $WinList[0][0]
        If _IsVisible($WinList[$i][1]) Then
            If WinGetTitle($WinList[$i][1]) = "Start" Or WinGetTitle($WinList[$i][1]) = "Program Manager" Then
                Sleep(10)
            Else
                ConsoleWrite("HWND: "&$WinList[$i][1] &@CRLF&"Name: "& $WinList[$i][0]&@CRLF&@CRLF)
                WinSetTrans($WinList[$i][1],"",255)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    ConsoleWrite(@CRLF&"=========================================="&@CRLF)
EndFunc

Func _IsVisible($handle)
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf
EndFunc

The script changes the current active window's transparency by using CTRL+Mousewheel.

Now try this out: Instead of just holding ctrl and moving the mousewheel, hold ctrl + scroll with the mousewheel and move your mouse around

After a few seconds the script ends up with

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\MouseSetOnEvent_UDF.au3 (201) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
If $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][0] = $iEvent Or $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][0] = $iEvent+8 Or $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][0] = $iEvent+16 Then
If ^ ERROR
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\MouseSetOnEvent_UDF.au3 (201) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
If $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][0] = $iEvent Or $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][0] = $iEvent+8 Or $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][0] = $iEvent+16 Then
If ^ ERROR

Posted Image

So I dont really have the possibility to make the script public unless I want my "users" to deal with 200 Error-Messageboxes just because they moved the mouse a bit too much.

So is there a workaround or something for that, or did I just make a mistake in MY script?

Thats not thaaat~ bad when you're just running the script in Scite. But as soon it's compiled, it will crash like this:

Umm sorry for the doublepost but I cant edit my post anymore (!?)

The last sentence* was supposed to be between the [code ] and the image.

* this one:

"Thats not thaaat~ bad when you're just running the script in Scite. But as soon it's compiled, it will crash like this:"

I hate to say it, but none of the normal double click events work in the low level mouse hook. Strange that I never got around to testing them before now. These are the events listed by MSDN as available:

wParam

[in] Specifies the identifier of the mouse message. This parameter can be one of the following messages: WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_LBUTTONUP, WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WM_MOUSEHWHEEL, WM_RBUTTONDOWN, or WM_RBUTTONUP.

And inferring from the MSLLHOOKSTRUCT, these events also:

If the message is WM_XBUTTONDOWN, WM_XBUTTONUP, WM_XBUTTONDBLCLK, WM_NCXBUTTONDOWN, WM_NCXBUTTONUP, or WM_NCXBUTTONDBLCLK, the high-order word specifies which X button was pressed or released, and the low-order word is reserved.

Edited by wraithdu

• 2 weeks later...

After a few seconds the script ends up with

If ^ ERROR
If ^ ERROR

Same Problem. :/

Please Help!

MfG

qixx

• 1 month later...

I had an issue where the mouse scroll wasn't disabled when the target window was maximized but not the top window. Instead of using this line:

If $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][4] <> 0 And Not __MouseSetOnEvent_IsHoveredWnd($__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][4]) Then Return 0 ;Allow default processing

Where the covered maximized window still is considered to be hovered, I changed it to this to solve the problem:

If $__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][4] <> 0 And Not WinActive($__MouseSetOnEvent_aEvents[$i][4]) Then Return 0

Then you can eliminate the __MouseSetOnEvent_IsHoveredWnd function.

Hope this helps!

Edited by YellowLab

You can't see a rainbow without first experiencing the rain.

• 1 month later...

Verry good UDF, Thats REALY USEFUL THING, THX A LOT ! Found that I searched for :lol:

:mellow: Спасибо за УДФку, полезная штука, какраз её и не хватало чтобы закончить мою програмулинку :(

Edited by Enforcer
[RU] Zone

• 2 months later...

Update...

v1.8 [02.06.2010]

* Fixed an issue with wrong handling when $MOUSE_XBUTTONUP/DOWN_EVENT and few other events are set.

* Fixed an issue when user attempts to set other function for the event that already have been set.

Now the function and other parameters are replaced for the current event.

* UDF file renamed (removed "Set" in the middle and "_UDF" at the end of the name).

* Cosmetic changes in the UDF code.

* Docs updated.

Please see the first post.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the UDF. I'm about updating to position of the mouse every time the user moves it so I use the event $MOUSE_MOVE_EVENT but it always fails. Can you give me a suggestion please? :mellow:

#include <MouseOnEvent.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_MOVE_EVENT, "MouseMove_Event")

Local $hLabel, $msg

GUICreate("My GUI")
$hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Mouse Position", 10, 30, 100)
GUISetState()

Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Func MouseMove_Event()
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
    GUICtrlSetData($hLabel, $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1])
    Return True
EndFunc
Edited by Bot

I'd say call it with the last parameter set to 0 (makes your function non-blocking):

_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_MOVE_EVENT, "MouseMove_Event","","",0,0)

Also, don't try to do too much in the function - you don't want to slow down mouse movements.

Oh, also, I don't know why MrCreator doesn't get the Mouse coordinates at the time the callback is made - that part makes no sense to me, because the mouse coordinates are passed and often necessary. Using MouseGetPos() is just overkill and may or may not give the right coords.

You can add this to the __MouseSetOnEvent_MainHandler() function in MrCreator's UDF to get the mouse position data ($aMOUSE_CUR_POS is a global array I set):

Local $stPos=DllStructCreate($tagPOINT,$lParam)
    $aMOUSE_CUR_POS[0]=DllStructGetData($stPos,1)
    $aMOUSE_CUR_POS[1]=DllStructGetData($stPos,2)

What else? I can't think of anything at the moment

• 2 months later...

I'm running Win7 Ultimate X64, UAC is disabled and I'm logged in as an administrator.

Not sure if anyone has any ideas on this one, I'm trying to set an event for anytime I double-click on an empty spot on my desktop.

In the script below the event does occurs but it happens no matter what/where I click on.

Second problem is I can't get $MOUSE_PRIMARYDBLCLK_EVENT to work no matter what parameters I pass.

Thanks,

Kenny

#include <MouseOnEvent.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <winapi.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>

HotKeySet("{F11}", "ExitNow")
Func ExitNow()
 Exit
EndFunc

Global $h_Desktop_SysListView32
_GetDesktopHandle()
MsgBox(0, "", WinGetTitle($h_Desktop_SysListView32) & @crlf & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($h_Desktop_SysListView32))

_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "ToggleIcons", "", "", $h_Desktop_SysListView32)

;$hwndde = _GetDesktopHandle() ;WinGetHandle("[CLASS:NDesk;]", "")
;_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "ToggleIcons", "", "", $hwndde)

While 1
 Sleep(250)
WEnd

Func _GetDesktopHandle()
    Local $aRet_Dll
    $h_Desktop_SysListView32 = 0
    $hCBReg = DllCallbackRegister("_GetDesktopHandle_EnumChildWinProc", "hwnd", "hwnd;lparam")
    If $hCBReg = 0 Then Return SetError(2)
    $aRet_Dll = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "EnumChildWindows", "hwnd", _WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow(), "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($hCBReg), "lparam", 101)
    $iErr = @error
    DllCallbackFree($hCBReg)
    If $iErr Then Return SetError(3,$iErr,"")
    Return $h_Desktop_SysListView32
EndFunc   ;==>_GetDesktopHandle

Func _GetDesktopHandle_EnumChildWinProc($hWnd,$lParam)
    if _WinAPI_GetClassName($hWnd) = "SysListView32" and _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hWnd, $GWL_ID) = 1 then $h_Desktop_SysListView32 = $hWnd
    Return 1
EndFunc

Func ToggleIcons()
 MsgBox(0,"","Go")
 If BITAnd(WinGetState("[CLASS:NDesk;]", ""), 2) Then
  WinSetState("[CLASS:NDesk;]", "", @SW_HIDE)
 Else
  WinSetState("[CLASS:NDesk;]", "", @SW_SHOW)
 EndIf
EndFunc

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."